Dissolve the British Monarchy: Yes or No?

Does the Queen pay taxes?
Yes, in 1992 The Queen offered to pay income tax and capital gains tax on a voluntary basis. Since 1993, her personal income has been taxable as for any other UK taxpayer.

source :- <a class="postlink" href="http://www.britroyals.com/faqs.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.britroyals.com/faqs.htm</a>

Cheesy said:
Challenger1978 said:
Cheesy said:
I'll dissect some of your post point by point...

Whilst Charles was in the military we did not have any major conflicts. Pretty difficult to go to war when there isn't one to go to.

The Royal Yacht is no longer in active service. Also, please bear this in mind ref your comment about the cost...
Indeed the Overseas Trade Board estimates that £3 billion has been made for the Exchequer as a result of commercial days on Britannia between 1991 and 1995.

The 'Royal Flight' does not exist as such any longer. It is now 32 Squadron & is only used for VIP duties when not required on military duties. Indeed, the MOD has stated...
the principal purpose of 32 Squadron [is] to provide communications and logistical support to military operations; the Squadron's capacity should be based on military needs only; and any royal or other non-military use of... spare capacity is secondary to its military purpose.

Harry has served in the Gulf. This despite the fact that he could have easily avoided doing so due to his Royal status.

William has chosen to undertake a full time military career. This despite the fact that he could have avoided, etc, etc

Now... what fucking planet are you on?

I'm surprised cheesy that you didn't pick apart the part in his post were i'm assumming he's reffering to the queen doesn't pay tax. Because from what i remember the queen has paid taxes for years.

Yeah, sort of missed that bit. I was mainly talking about the military stuff as I have a little knowledge in that area :-)

Andrew served in the Falklands if IIRC

stony said:
Andrew served in the Falklands if IIRC

Yeah, he flew a Sea King helicopter from HMS Invincible. In fact, the MOD didn't want him to go due to his Royal status but his mother insisted!

Keep the Queen and one heir (or two) and fuck off all the hangers on.

The security tab for some of these is ridiculous.

Anne's kids don't get/need security so I don't understand why Andrew's do.

Newlunar said:
ElanJo said:
If they make more money than they take off us then why do they need to take our hard earned money, whilst we slave away under mass taxation as it is, at all? Why don't they actually pay for themselves?

Even if its only a small amount per person it's still too much. Whatever happened to principles?

Elanjo, correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you once say there's no such thing as a taxpayer, or does that only apply to when the idle unwashed come into the equation?
IMO If thousands,possibly hundreds of thousands of people can take the option of spitting kids out and sitting on their arses all day puffing on B & H, while their kids are out committing crime and adding to the burden whilst the workers pick up the tab, then I'm more than happy for a couple of Octagenarians to fly the flag and represent me for £1.30 a year.

God save the queen.

I fail to see your point. I'm against all taxation because it is theft and backed up by force. When I say "there's no such thing as a taxpayer" this is what I am getting at. You have no choice in the matter so don't act as tho "taxpayer" is somehow righteous.

If you are happy to pay £1.30 a year then do so voluntarily. Nothing is stopping you, just don't force others to do so..

I noticed you evaded my question ;) If the Royals pay for themselves numerous times over then why don't they do just that??

ElanJo said:
Newlunar said:
ElanJo said:
If they make more money than they take off us then why do they need to take our hard earned money, whilst we slave away under mass taxation as it is, at all? Why don't they actually pay for themselves?

Even if its only a small amount per person it's still too much. Whatever happened to principles?

Elanjo, correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you once say there's no such thing as a taxpayer, or does that only apply to when the idle unwashed come into the equation?
IMO If thousands,possibly hundreds of thousands of people can take the option of spitting kids out and sitting on their arses all day puffing on B & H, while their kids are out committing crime and adding to the burden whilst the workers pick up the tab, then I'm more than happy for a couple of Octagenarians to fly the flag and represent me for £1.30 a year.

God save the queen.

I fail to see your point. I'm against all taxation because it is theft and backed up by force. When I say "there's no such thing as a taxpayer" this is what I am getting at. You have no choice in the matter so don't act as tho "taxpayer" is somehow righteous.

If you are happy to pay £1.30 a year then do so voluntarily. Nothing is stopping you, just don't force others to do so..

I noticed you evaded my question ;) If the Royals pay for themselves numerous times over then why don't they do just that??

Because it's not realy possible is it? Unless they start charging everbody to stand on the street and gawp at Buck palace or the Changing of the guard.

This one's been done to death, I'm for keeping them, you're not, If they ever decided to step down then I sincerely believe it would be a dark day for this country, but I'd accept it.

If any group ever tried to forcibly remove them I would be prepared to bear arms to defend them.

And if your against all taxation are you then against all public services, because they don't pay for themselves you know.

Newlunar said:
ElanJo said:
Newlunar said:
ElanJo said:

God save the queen.

Because it's not realy possible is it? Unless they start charging everbody to stand on the street and gawp at Buck palace or the Changing of the guard.

This one's been done to death, I'm for keeping them, you're not, If they ever decided to step down then I sincerely believe it would be a dark day for this country, but I'd accept it.

If any group ever tried to forcibly remove them I would be prepared to bear arms to defend them.

And if your against all taxation are you then against all public services, because they don't pay for themselves you know.

There's obviously many ways to raise fund without resorting to either:
a) charging people on the street.
or
b) forcibly delving into the pockets of us mere subjects.

When they are funded through OUR money it isn't there choice to step down or not. It's ours.

You'd bear arms? In this country only the criminals are allowed guns. Good luck with that tho.

Yes, I am against government services. I use them but that is only because I have no choice in the matter, since they steal any land that they wish to.

In the end you can love the monarchy all you want. I don't care. What I care about is you putting a gun to my head and forcing me to give up my money (and therefore time and work - life) to pay for your interests. Donate your money if it's what you want. If enough people agree with you, which I suspect there is, then the Queen will have plenty of money to pay for her butlers and tiara's etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.