Ditch Viagogo Petition

Gelsons Dad said:
I think some are missing the point that the club sells blocks of tickets to them which they then sell at inflated prices.

A ticket exchange for season card holders is fine but that isn't what VGG is.

Exactly! They probably wouldn't make much from acting as a ticket exchange but seem to get lots of tickets from the club to sell at inflated prices. Or is that just a rumour?
The sh*t would certainly hit the fan if they received an allocation of tickets for away games, but according to loyal Blue sources we seem to be selling away game tickets to those without a clue how to behave (carrying rag shop bags in the away section at the swamp derby being the worst example). - Didn't see it in the section I was in, but was told by someone who attends every game.

Supporters of some of the Premier League's biggest clubs are preparing to fight back against the growing influence of a website accused of "legalised touting" amid claims that clubs are encouraging the ripping-off of their fans.

Five clubs – Manchester City, Chelsea, Newcastle United, Aston Villa and Fulham – have signed deals with the Swiss-based company Viagogo, making the ticket resale site the only place that can legally resell match seats, often for hugely inflated prices. Fans are critical of the sums involved in buying tickets through the website, whose policy varies between clubs.

Manchester City fans face charges up to 50 per cent higher, whereas there is no cap for Newcastle or Fulham fans. Chelsea tickets can be sold only for face value, though a pair of their most expensive £75 seats cost £180 with Viagogo due to "fees, handling and VAT".

Some City fans, who last season staged protests at the inflated price of tickets for games against top rivals, have started a petition calling for Viagogo to be "kicked out of Manchester City". A similar move by the German Bundesliga team Schalke 04 led to widespread demonstrations by thousands of fans, which resulted in the club ending the deal earlier this year.

Malcolm Clarke, chair of the Football Supporters' Federation, recently branded secondary ticket agencies "legalised touts". He added: "We see no reason, if clubs have tickets available, why they cannot sell them in the normal way at face value." Fans at other affected clubs have also voiced concerns.

Steve Roest of Viagogo said: "Anyone wanting to buy or sell tickets for home games at these clubs can do so on Viagogo. We have worked closely with each club to determine what price cap should be set for ticket resale."

FantasyIreland said:
Supporters of some of the Premier League's biggest clubs are preparing to fight back against the growing influence of a website accused of "legalised touting" amid claims that clubs are encouraging the ripping-off of their fans.

Five clubs – Manchester City, Chelsea, Newcastle United, Aston Villa and Fulham – have signed deals with the Swiss-based company Viagogo, making the ticket resale site the only place that can legally resell match seats, often for hugely inflated prices. Fans are critical of the sums involved in buying tickets through the website, whose policy varies between clubs.

Manchester City fans face charges up to 50 per cent higher, whereas there is no cap for Newcastle or Fulham fans. Chelsea tickets can be sold only for face value, though a pair of their most expensive £75 seats cost £180 with Viagogo due to "fees, handling and VAT".

Some City fans, who last season staged protests at the inflated price of tickets for games against top rivals, have started a petition calling for Viagogo to be "kicked out of Manchester City". A similar move by the German Bundesliga team Schalke 04 led to widespread demonstrations by thousands of fans, which resulted in the club ending the deal earlier this year.

Malcolm Clarke, chair of the Football Supporters' Federation, recently branded secondary ticket agencies "legalised touts". He added: "We see no reason, if clubs have tickets available, why they cannot sell them in the normal way at face value." Fans at other affected clubs have also voiced concerns.

Steve Roest of Viagogo said: "Anyone wanting to buy or sell tickets for home games at these clubs can do so on Viagogo. We have worked closely with each club to determine what price cap should be set for ticket resale."

Source?

Could be better....could be worse.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/fans-accuse-tottenham-of-encouraging-ticket-touts-with-stubhub-deal-8771263.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 71263.html</a>

I personally don't see an issue with them. If I can't give my ST's to family or friends then I have used them in the past. No exchanging tickets and cash goes straight in the bank. I also only list them at the lowest amount possible. Viagogo are a business so I have no problem with them making money. At the end of the day if the buyer doesn't want to pay over face value and fees, then don't buy the tickets.

However, the Dippers have a really good scheme.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.liverpoolfc.com/tickets/ticket-exchange" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.liverpoolfc.com/tickets/ticket-exchange</a>

You tell the club you can't go, they sell your ticket at face value and you get credits towards next years ST.

Sold my Hull tickets as I am on holiday. Went in less than 24 hours at less than face value so someone grabbed a deal and I got £43 coming ny way on day of game. Happy with service and set up so won't be signing it.

manchester blue said:
Sold my Hull tickets as I am on holiday. Went in less than 24 hours at less than face value so someone grabbed a deal and I got £43 coming ny way on day of game. Happy with service and set up so won't be signing it.

I am trying to come to a conclusion but need to really understand what is going on here.

You received £43 for one ticket?
How much profit or loss does that work out at considering it as a season ticket equally divided by 19 games?

As i understand it Viagogo receive an allocation of tickets from the club to sell at every home game. ST holders cannot sell their tickets on viagogo at prices that undercut the viagogo tickets. If you're actually looking on viagogo for a ticket, unless you want a seat in a particular block or tier you're most likely to choose the cheapest option. By default of the viagogo site that option is their own tickets! I've tried to list on there twice (because mates all had tickets our couldn't go) with the intention of getting back just what the tickets cost on my ST but that wasn't even close to what I had to list them for. I wasnt interested in making money from fellow blues and ironically they didn't shift anyway over the tone they were on. In the end I gave them away to friends children for the experience of city which is what I imagine most people do anyway. Viagogo are a piece of s**t who cream of the top of people who've already paid for their tickets.
Sign me up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.