Ditching Sky

Just turned it on hoping to catch up on whats happening and re runs of the US Open. How can they have the a golf channel and not even have the USPGA on. Bit like when they released the cricket channel and the ashes were on BT.
This new company Eleven Sports have picked up the USPGA, as well as La Liga & Serie A. So that's another subscription if you want to watch those.

It's miracast it's in Google store it connects to your smart tv basically it sends the screen of you phone to the telly you can use it for any streaming apps that you use

Ditched Sky last month as only had it with a boadband deal and have gone to another provider.

They have started pestering me for the equipment back. On the website its £185 for the sky box and wifi box. Do they really charge that much?

Ditched Sky last month as only had it with a boadband deal and have gone to another provider.

They have started pestering me for the equipment back. On the website its £185 for the sky box and wifi box. Do they really charge that much?
Not sure, but I have read that if I want to upgrade to a Q box it will cost me £200 one off fee on top of any subscriptions

They can. What you put in the self labelled package is your business. I have heard a viscous rumours about delivery drivers molesting their packages and items being pilfered by usually Scouse sounding warehousemen. You will however have a reciept and no self respecting gentleman would ever got to the trouble of posting House Bricks to sky

Not sure, but I have read that if I want to upgrade to a Q box it will cost me £200 one off fee on top of any subscriptions

The myth of who owns the sky box....you pay for it upfront, then it’s yours when anything goes wrong but try cancelling and they want their property back. Ffs.

I cancelled Sky 3 weeks ago and I'm into the last week now. I'm waiting for the big discounts, but they don't seem to be coming through like they used to do.

Had a letter from them offering everything (Sky, HD, Sports, Cinema, Box Sets) on our existing Sky HD+ box for £43 a month. I barely watch it apart from Sports but the wife insists we have to have it.

On the last renewal I got it for £34 so it seems a bit of a jump up to £43. Do you reckon I'll get offered anything better than this? Is there anything else I can squeeze out of them?

I cancelled Sky 3 weeks ago and I'm into the last week now. I'm waiting for the big discounts, but they don't seem to be coming through like they used to do.

Had a letter from them offering everything (Sky, HD, Sports, Cinema, Box Sets) on our existing Sky HD+ box for £43 a month. I barely watch it apart from Sports but the wife insists we have to have it.

On the last renewal I got it for £34 so it seems a bit of a jump up to £43. Do you reckon I'll get offered anything better than this? Is there anything else I can squeeze out of them?
Imho that type of increase sounds about par. I’m on a similar package, and some elements have gone up by a couple of pounds each already, so an overall increase of £9 sounds almost exactly what has happened to me too. However I’ve not reached the point of pulling the plug yet - my point for that comes in another 1 or 2 months.
If there was one element that had to go to keep the cost down it would be the films I think; all the older / classics I’ve already seen plenty of times, and the number of brand newly released films I want to watch are so few that I’d find another way to watch/use Box Office if I was that bothered.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.