Ditching Sky

Just been on to Virgin, threatening to leave so they have offered a 'Mega mix bundle' I think they said, 200 or 300mbps internet, sky sports HD and BT Sports in HD, additional box for bedroom for £84.50 a month, told them to call me tomorrow, do you think I could still get that price down a bit more when I speak to them or not? I don't want to be paying more than £75 a month ideally.

I got same deal back in March last year,so good deal that 18 months on,no extras needed,all BT on there as well we pay £106 p/m now,but we've 2 boxes upstairs,so 3 in total.

My EE contract gives me bt sport for free over the length of the contract but says you carnt Chromecast so I use mirrorcast don't pay the extra to Chromecast you don't need to

Is that in HD?
I know the drawback of stuff like Now TV is that it’s only in SD, just wondered what the cast quality was like

Is that in HD?
I know the drawback of stuff like Now TV is that it’s only in SD, just wondered what the cast quality was like
Now TV is not HD but I find it noticeably better quality than SD.

I've got everything in place now for next season. Got my BT contract down to £45. 99 a month for Superfast unlimited fibre broadband & TV including BT Sport & their HD pack. Also got Now TV Sports pass for £17.90 a month for the next 10 months.

So that's £64 a month for everything, plus I also got the Entertainment pass from Now TV for £3.49 a month for 4 months meaning I've basically got the full Sky & BT packages apart from Sky Cinema for £67.50 a month currently.

I've got everything in place now for next season. Got my BT contract down to £45. 99 a month for Superfast unlimited fibre broadband & TV including BT Sport & their HD pack. Also got Now TV Sports pass for £17.90 a month for the next 10 months.

So that's £64 a month for everything, plus I also got the Entertainment pass from Now TV for £3.49 a month for 4 months meaning I've basically got the full Sky & BT packages apart from Sky Cinema for £67.50 a month currently.

Don’t they do bt sport on Now tv?

Sounds pretty good. Every year I have to do a spreadsheet to calculate what I'm paying. There's mobile contracts for the family to include and Quidco cashbacks to factor in.

I noticed EE were doing anytime calls for £4 with superfast fibre at £30 and £110 cashback. That then allows me to add a 1GB sim at £14 (with a 5GB data bonus) and that then gives me the option of BT Sport casting at £15 (free for 3 months) whenever I need it, or I'll nip to the pub. I have Sky TV entertainment pack plus HD Sports at £31.50.

It's not straightforward any more.

Quality is fine you choose sd or hd on the bt app

Sounds good that does.
Unfortunately as I’m already in a non-EE contract I’m just gonna have to phone bt up next week & cancel, as currently having their sports as a stand-alone addition to sky sports(and sky broadband), is too expensive at over £20 pcm. They may reply with some kind of offer but I’m certainly not expecting it....

I can't believe Sky Sports Golf does not have this major on (PGA Championship). Contract issues? not good enough. It is one of the couple of things people may casually watch on it and it's not on.

tl;dr The golf chan has no golf on. You will be needing TNT (USA) or Eleven sports for that.
Just turned it on hoping to catch up on whats happening and re runs of the US Open. How can they have the a golf channel and not even have the USPGA on. Bit like when they released the cricket channel and the ashes were on BT.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.