Diversity complaints

After Ahsley Banjo refused to apologise I have seen a couple of angry posts on Twitter saying its further evidence that the BBC needs defunding...........now if anything tells you that the complaints are not genuine and are just goaded out of folk by people like Darren Grimes and Carol Malone that does.
Especially funny comments, as it was on the non-licence funded ITV.

You're right it hasn't, the right wing seek to make it so.

BLM are trying to change mainstream public opinion, to gain wider acceptance that change is necessary, so they have to bring the campaign in to the mainstream, hence this dance routine, hence taking the knee at sporting events and so on.

Right wingers like this fella.....

Seek to prevent this. They don't want BLM to have broad acceptance, they pigeonhole it on every occasion.

RabidCity's post is a perfect example of this, almost a word perfect bot.

First it trivialises the issue with the word "moaning", then it sets out to catagorise and subvert BLM as a concern only for the "left brigade" and therefore of no concern for the great British public. Then it lumps the issue with all the other "perceived injustice" thereby losing its unique message, then it questions the sincerity of the BLM movement and the "faux outrage" thereby implying that the feelings expressed are not real, they are fake, the dance routine a sham, designed for media hoo-ha and not for us.

Then it ends with a justification of the "complaints" on the grounds that this routine was deliberately "provocative". It doesn't go in to any detail whatsoever as to what was provocative about it and who it provoked (as is the case in all dog whistles), but the use of the word "reactionary" leaves us in no doubt that RabidCity believes the provoked were the silent majority, who's sensibilities on this occasion were so offended, they broke their silence and were convulsed to reply!

Silent majority is right speak, it's a handy shorthand because being silent you can ascribe whatever you like to it, but there is one constant, in the west it always stands for white majority.

RabidCity's post is a perfect nugget of right wing shit.
One of the best posts I have ever seen on here.

My problem is people are triggered by MSM and dont see the real picture and the consequence of a media bent on pushing an anti police agenda. Zero coverage on an officer suffering life altering injuries yesterday. Zero.

See attached. Put yourselves in the shoes of officers running towards violent people every shift. The general public have no idea what they face-the abuse, assaults, lack of support, a huge erosion in pay and conditions over the past decade. We are the good guys-something which seems to have been forgotten.

https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/crime/man-jailed-for-attacking-police-officers-in-norwich-1-6833771

An as for kids getting educated by a light entertainment show portraying police violence-we often have groups of school children, scouts etc coming into custody, sitting in a cell, speaking to staff-that is teaching them something.

It is so easy to sit on your sofa tutting at the tv and passing judgement-but fortunately most people will never have to deal with someone on PCP, mamba or any other shit they put in their bodies-it addles your brain and makes people incredibly violent and unpredictable, let alone trying to communicate with them.
CBA567F1-F171-41BC-A434-5CCEF21C8326.jpeg

You honestly think everyone sat watching that thought it was only directed at US police?

And lets be clear the huge majority of US police will be good people who never fire their weapon in their entire career. I'm not saying there aren't problems but they run much deeper than their police forces. Note how the murder of police officers over there, which is a frequent event, doesnt get any coverage-and note also the complete lack of national coverage today when an officer simply doing their job is set alight. Yet someone who was a passenger in a car (sic) that was stopped and its a media frenzy.

33 days thats all I have to go and you know I honestly wonder if people in this country have any idea what police officers face-an officer commits suicide in this country every 2 weeks. It feels like a completely thankless job at the moment and that breaks my heart for all those left to do it.
it was aimed at the police who murdered george in full view and the several other white on black killings ,it wasn't about the law abiding police who we know do a thankless job at times,you are taking it personally ,some of the cops in America are out of control ,the kid left brain damaged after police shot peaceful protesters in the head at point blank range ,with those bags of stuff, it is not anything like that over here

Diversity have every right to express BLM as all the sportsman taking the knee,ashley is invested in it by nature of his birth,we need to reach the younger generation ,it is them who are going to change things,i believe once you take racist views into adulthood then you are not going to change your mind,you need forcing by kids asking questions

After Ahsley Banjo refused to apologise I have seen a couple of angry posts on Twitter saying its further evidence that the BBC needs defunding...........now if anything tells you that the complaints are not genuine and are just goaded out of folk by people like Darren Grimes and Carol Malone that does.
It was on itv ?

it was aimed at the police who murdered george in full view and the several other white on black killings ,it wasn't about the law abiding police who we know do a thankless job at times,you are taking it personally ,some of the cops in America are out of control ,the kid left brain damaged after police shot peaceful protesters in the head at point blank range ,with those bags of stuff, it is not anything like that over here

Diversity have every right to express BLM as all the sportsman taking the knee,ashley is invested in it by nature of his birth,we need to reach the younger generation ,it is them who are going to change things,i believe once you take racist views into adulthood then you are not going to change your mind,you need forcing by kids asking questions
Of course I take it personally but also because i see the reality. Somebody asked me how many black people we would get in custody-you know, I had no idea because skin colour doesn't enter my mind. What I do see is young people from poor backgrounds, often with no parental care, in gangs, in care-of all backgrounds and colour. That 'dance' did nothing for police/black youth relations-yes it may have caused debate but to portray police in that light breaks my heart-because it is simply not a reflection of reality.

I see on a regular basis people who are completely out of control on mamba or some other shite-it can make people behave like wild animals-and their restraint in the cells can appear violent. But what are we to do? restrain them and risk positional aspyhxia? leave them in the cell and risk them smashing their head on the cell wall? Take them to hospital and risk them smashing their head in the back of a van or assaulting ambulance/hospital staff if they aren't restrained? Because those are the decisions I face every single shift. Get it wrong and that's me investigated for years.

And I'm not sure how you quantify 'out of control'? As I said the huge majority never fire their weapon during their career. Hundreds are murdered on duty. Gun crime is out of control. Thats for politicians to resolve. Only in the last 24 hrs 2 police officers sat in their patrol car are shot several times by a youth. They wear a uniform-thats all that separates them from everyone else. What have be become?

I want a balanced depiction of police by our media-Pc Harper dragged along and murdered by callous, petty thieves, just trying to do his job, a 51 yr old officer set alight by an idiot-just trying to help bailiffs, a female inspector with a smashed eye socket, just doing her job. Thats just 3 examples. None of us sign up to be assaulted-or racially abused as many of my staff have been in custody by idiots.

31 Days and I'm done. We should be very thankful for the police we have in this country.

Last edited:
Of course I take it personally but also because i see the reality. Somebody asked me how many black people we would get in custody-you know, I had no idea because skin colour doesn't enter my mind. What I do see is young people from poor backgrounds, often with no parental care, in gangs, in care-of all backgrounds and colour. That 'dance' did nothing for police/black youth relations-yes it may have caused debate but to portray police in that light breaks my heart-because it is simply not a reflection of reality.

I see on a regular basis people who are completely out of control on mamba or some other shite-it can make people behave like wild animals-and their restraint in the cells can appear violent. But what are we to do? restrain them and risk positional aspyhxia? leave them in the cell and risk them smashing their head on the cell wall? Take them to hospital and risk them smashing their head in the back of a van or assaulting ambulance/hospital staff if they aren't restrained? Because those are the decisions I face every single shift. Get it wrong and that's me investigated for years.

And I'm not sure how you quantify 'out of control'? As I said the huge majority never fire their weapon during their career. Hundreds are murdered on duty. Gun crime is out of control. Thats for politicians to resolve. Only in the last 24 hrs 2 police officers sat in their patrol car are shot several times by a youth. They wear a uniform-thats all that separates them from everyone else. What have be become?
From before Floyd I see on CNN every night what is going on with the police and black killings and assaults ,i have watched all the peaceful protesters get battered,i watched as the trump had peaceful protesters cleared with tear gas and batons to do his bible stunt,i saw the kid who took the tasar running away get shot in the back and the guy shot seven times in the back,I stress this is not about the English police ,over here a peaceful protest is met in the main by the police as peaceful,in America it is not,add in guns and they are ,some of them if you prefer,out of control,you show aggression to peaceful protesters then you get ugliness

Sportsman take the knee,ashley is a choreographer so his was dance,it was a brilliant routine,taking the knee was only a part of it

From before Floyd I see on CNN every night what is going on with the police and black killings and assaults ,i have watched all the peaceful protesters get battered,i watched as the trump had peaceful protesters cleared with tear gas and batons to do his bible stunt,i saw the kid who took the tasar running away get shot in the back and the guy shot seven times in the back,I stress this is not about the English police ,over here a peaceful protest is met in the main by the police as peaceful,in America it is not,add in guns and they are ,some of them if you prefer,out of control,you show aggression to peaceful protesters then you get ugliness

Sportsman take the knee,ashley is a choreographer so his was dance,it was a brilliant routine,taking the knee was only a part of it
Didnt banjo read a poem about Police brutality or weren't there dancers dressed as police with riot shields? I'm a police officer and I found it very hard to tell whether it was british or american police.

Guy shot 7 times in the back? You mean the one who fought with police, was in possession of a knife and was wanted for several offences? he made several choices during that interaction.

Kid that took the taser-again, bad decisons. Are we saying that people should be able to steal an officer's taser (which is a firearm) and turn and threaten to shoot the officer (and then have an opportunity to take his gun?).

As I said most people can sit in the comfort of their armchairs and pass judgement. Those officers were forced to make life or death decisions in seconds.

I have met hundreds of horrible, nasty, violent people during my career -and none of them have been police.

When I first joined I was shocked at how violent people could be. How crazy drink and drugs can make people-and then even more shocked that instead of running away from those people as most of us can in our daily lives, run towards them and detain them-often on my own.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.