Divided opinions on comedy

tommyducks said:
Some comedians/shows really divide opinions.

For instance, Gavin and Stacey. The missus loves it, I hate it.

Michael McIntyre. I think he's a smug unfunny tw@t but his DVD is number one.

Lee Evans. Again I can't stand the bloke but he's very popular.

Agreed on all counts. Nothing else to add - but strangely populist shite!

Joycee Banercheck said:
masterwig said:
I think I have a very British sense of humour. Never got into any American sit-coms.

I love the much derided 'Not Going Out' though which in many ways has an American feel to it. The cheap gags in that crack me up. In fact Lee Mack is one of my favourite comedians at the moment.

I can't understand for the life of me how Jo Brand is still on television. Has she ever said anything funny? Must be the worst around. Generally speaking I don't find female comics particularly funny, I don't know if that is because they aim their jokes for women or what. Victoria Wood is a very clever woman though.
I loved 'Not Going Out'. Fantastically written, but I suppose most of it is Mack's stand up, which I really rate. Same as Tim Vine. Quick-firing one liners with word play have always been factors of comedy that make me laugh.

Not keen on Chubby Brown. Don't find vulgar humour funny and a pretty cheap way to get a laugh. Jo Brand? She just annoys me with the way she says 'errrrrrrr' after every unfunny sentence. Victoria Wood has my respect too.

That's just so you know when the punchline has been spoken so you can possible laugh.Maybe.She's old school i think.All those jokes about her husband.Very 70's.She is still shite though.I don't think i've ever laughed at one of her 'jokes' and have been known to turn off QI if she's on it.

i quite like jo brand meself. nothing wrong eith a bit of self-depreciating humour

aphex said:
i quite like jo brand meself. nothing wrong eith a bit of self-depreciating humour

sick man.. so what your saying is you wouldn't mind if Jo Brand took a shit on you.. whatever floats your boat

Esteban de la Sexface said:
aphex said:

sick man.. so what your saying is you wouldn't mind if Jo Brand took a shit on you.. whatever floats your boat

i never thought about it like that...

Jo Brand is shit...
225px-John_Sergeant.jpg

der-bomber said:
Jo Brand is shit...
225px-John_Sergeant.jpg

she looks rougher than usual in that pic.

is that from your collection of jo brand prints?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.