Division One Champions 2001/2002

Kennedy_probably_has said:
squirtyflower said:
watford was the only game we missed
tried to listen to the game on the radio in some poxy restaurant in france

It was a strange night that was! It was Vialli's first game at Watford as well and they had bought a lot of players and I think were favourites to go up. I remember as the first half went on the atmosphere changed, everyone realised we were playing really good stuff! I was 18 at the time, hadn't seen us play football like that! We passed it and everything! Even Charvet played well!
great times!

CITY FOR LIFE said:
North Stand lives on, God I hated the new Kippax, out of place, lost its soul, remember those days walking up the old kippax stairs or through the tunnels, it was never the same.
My fav part in the ground always stood just above the tunnels great days.

This is one of my most memorable City games, and it was also the first match to be shown on 'ITV Digital'.

Great match, a great season....and was able to watch us almost every week as we were the main(e) team in the division that year so ITV milked us for all they could!!

.....and yes, your right...Charvet really did play a blinder that game, great overlapping runs and good crosses also........and I think he crossed for the goat to head home in that game aswel, although may have to dig out my 'Back to the premiership' dvd to make sure...good times!!!!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI8zNeBMW4c" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI8zNeBMW4c</a>

It would take something special to beat that year.

Ali and Eyal were out of this world!

the 5-1 win over burnley was pretty amazing also. the football we played that season was amazing, ali benarbia was some player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.