Do Aliens actually exist ?

One microbe on a planet or moon in our solar system, that's all i need. Just one microbe and i will be convinced the universe is teaming with life, intelligent and otherwise. Even with panspermia i would still be convinced.
Microbes could be very common but breaking through beyond that to anything resembling 2 celled could be incredibly rare. I saw something recently that said it happening here was a freak accident that wouldn’t ordinarily just happen.

I happen to think single cell is reasonably common but after that you’re shooting at 1 in a trillion or so once you have basic life.

Microbes could be very common but breaking through beyond that to anything resembling 2 celled could be incredibly rare. I saw something recently that said it happening here was a freak accident that wouldn’t ordinarily just happen.

I happen to think single cell is reasonably common but after that you’re shooting at 1 in a trillion or so once you have basic life.
2 bodies in one system with life would convince me it's everywhere. 1 in a trillion would mean what? a million civilizations in the universe? My guess would be billions.

EDIT. Just googled it, estimated 700 quintillion planets in the universe. So what's that? 1 in a trillion is 700 million? probably my shit maths but would be fuck tons.

2 bodies in one system with life would convince me it's everywhere. 1 in a trillion would mean what? a million civilizations in the universe? My guess would be billions.

EDIT. Just googled it, estimated 700 quintillion planets in the universe. So what's that? 1 in a trillion is 700 million? probably my shit maths but would be fuck tons.
But how many get through basic instinct life? Very few and very likely zero in our galaxy.

I’m not worried about ET showing up and trying to fight us anyway.

But how many get through basic instinct life? Very few and very likely zero in our galaxy.

I’m not worried about ET showing up and trying to fight us anyway.
Neither am i but you said 1 in a trillion that it does and all i am saying is that would still be a very high number. Like a said if 2 bodies (without all the others checked) in the same system have life then i believe the universe would be teaming with it and as we know 1 of those 2 bodies led to a civilization then i think again the universe would have loads of them. Only my opinion though.

Neither am i but you said 1 in a trillion that it does and all i am saying is that would still be a very high number. Like a said if 2 bodies (without all the others checked) in the same system have life then i believe the universe would be teaming with it and as we know 1 of those 2 bodies led to a civilization then i think again the universe would have loads of them. Only my opinion though.
I’m a pissed up moron from Oldham, you need to pay less attention to what I say about the universe ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.