Do Aliens actually exist ?

Nasa launched a couple of rockets in the late 70,s, Voyagers 1 and 2. One of them is still transmitting limited information back to earth from outer space. It's 12 or so trillion miles from Earth, a mere 17 light hours away, and it will pass it's first star in around 40,000 years time. It's travelling at 34,000 Mph.

Fuck me, that's a long way to travel in a day with no congestion and nothing to see for tens of thousands of years.

FWIW, though, I think there is intelligent life out there. I've seen a light in the sky looking like a star suddenly start moving at thousands of miles an hour and disappear over the horizon in a few seconds. I don't know what it was, it wasn't a Ryanair Boeing 737, but the universe has been around for 13.5 billion years or so.

We humans have been on Earth for 300,000 years, and it's only in the last few hundred years technology has advanced. We've been exploring space for the last 60 years, and we've been sending satellites onto our nearest planets for most of that time as well. Probes into space, and two of them are on their way to heaven knows where.

Artificial Intelligence is a new concept that's in its infancy on Earth, but it will develop over the coming centuries, and what I saw that night as that light in the sky pretending to be a star suddenly started it's incredible disappearing act, well, could that have been some artificial intelligence craft sent out to home in on radio waves or whatever from some distant planet with intelligent life more advanced than ours but with an understanding the distances involved in space travel are too much for beings to survive?

Maybe it is, who knows, but in the coming years, I wouldn't be surprised if we do something similar given the way AI is developing.

Nasa launched a couple of rockets in the late 70,s, Voyagers 1 and 2. One of them is still transmitting limited information back to earth from outer space. It's 12 or so trillion miles from Earth, a mere 17 light hours away, and it will pass it's first star in around 40,000 years time. It's travelling at 34,000 Mph.

Fuck me, that's a long way to travel in a day with no congestion and nothing to see for tens of thousands of years.

FWIW, though, I think there is intelligent life out there. I've seen a light in the sky looking like a star suddenly start moving at thousands of miles an hour and disappear over the horizon in a few seconds. I don't know what it was, it wasn't a Ryanair Boeing 737, but the universe has been around for 13.5 billion years or so.

We humans have been on Earth for 300,000 years, and it's only in the last few hundred years technology has advanced. We've been exploring space for the last 60 years, and we've been sending satellites onto our nearest planets for most of that time as well. Probes into space, and two of them are on their way to heaven knows where.

Artificial Intelligence is a new concept that's in its infancy on Earth, but it will develop over the coming centuries, and what I saw that night as that light in the sky pretending to be a star suddenly started it's incredible disappearing act, well, could that have been some artificial intelligence craft sent out to home in on radio waves or whatever from some distant planet with intelligent life more advanced than ours but with an understanding the distances involved in space travel are too much for beings to survive?

Maybe it is, who knows, but in the coming years, I wouldn't be surprised if we do something similar given the way AI is developing.
Good post that mate. I too have seen things in the night sky that I can't explain rationally. I have spent a lot of time whilst night fishing just lying back looking at the night sky. Your eyes get in tune to the scene, and when something unusual happens it's obvious after a while.
Now I'm not saying there are flying saucers whizzing about as soon as we go to bed, but I've seen enough anomalies in the night sky to make me think maybe we aren't alone. Sounds irrational, and there are probably perfectly reasonable explanations for what I've seen.
I have a mate who swears he has seen a ufo land. He's a normal fella in every respect, not a pot head, not a big drinker. But he's adamant he saw one land one night when he was fishing. It's not even open for discussion as far as he's concerned, they exist.

Good post that mate. I too have seen things in the night sky that I can't explain rationally. I have spent a lot of time whilst night fishing just lying back looking at the night sky. Your eyes get in tune to the scene, and when something unusual happens it's obvious after a while.
Now I'm not saying there are flying saucers whizzing about as soon as we go to bed, but I've seen enough anomalies in the night sky to make me think maybe we aren't alone. Sounds irrational, and there are probably perfectly reasonable explanations for what I've seen.
I have a mate who swears he has seen a ufo land. He's a normal fella in every respect, not a pot head, not a big drinker. But he's adamant he saw one land one night when he was fishing. It's not even open for discussion as far as he's concerned, they exist.
Has he been vaccinated?

Probably, given the vastness of space and the potential for planets with water somewhere in our galaxy. There‘s no evidence yet but we’re only now discovering planets outside our solar system that may be suitable to support life, although again there is no evidence of any yet.

The search for life is effectively the search for water, as it appears no life can exist without it. The question of intelligent life is even greater, as a planet would need optimum conditions for life to develop, evolve and advance which takes millions of years. So it needs a stable environment; not too many asteroid strikes, nor too close to its star, nor a giant planet whose gravitational pull would wreak havoc with the geology of a planet’s surface.

Given the vast distances involved, even if there was intelligent life on a distant planet elsewhere in the galaxy, it is virtually impossible for it to communicate over such a distance, and even less likelihood of any physical travel. No object with any mass can travel at the speed of light, and even at close to that speed it would take nearly five years from even our closest star (which in any case has no potentially life supporting planets).

In short, probably yes there are, most will be simple organisms, and the very few intelligent ones, if there even are any, will almost certainly never have any interaction with us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.