Do Aliens actually exist ?

What does he mean ?
That other life will be not much, if at all, more advanced than single celled, in our galaxy anyway.

He said there may be on average one intelligent civilisation per galaxy and likely even less. And the chances are, because they’re so rare, if they do exist, they’ll never find out about one another.

That other life will be not much, if at all, more advanced than single celled, in our galaxy anyway.

He said there may be on average one intelligent civilisation per galaxy and likely even less. And the chances are, because they’re so rare, if they do exist, they’ll never find out about one another.
Ah thats fair enough. Wish it was like the 40s and we still wondered whether there was life on mars :)

I was driving home in the fog last night saw bright red lights in the sky and a massive floating structure in my tiredness I thought aliens were real turns out it was a crane
I had a similar experience a few years back, turns out it was a blimp with loads of lights on it!

Yeah he has also said that even if there are intelligent beings out there, that by the time we might find out about another such civilisation it would have risen, thrived, destroyed itself and become dust millions of years before the light from that distant place would even get to us.

Good post that mate. I too have seen things in the night sky that I can't explain rationally. I have spent a lot of time whilst night fishing just lying back looking at the night sky. Your eyes get in tune to the scene, and when something unusual happens it's obvious after a while.
Now I'm not saying there are flying saucers whizzing about as soon as we go to bed, but I've seen enough anomalies in the night sky to make me think maybe we aren't alone. Sounds irrational, and there are probably perfectly reasonable explanations for what I've seen.
I have a mate who swears he has seen a ufo land. He's a normal fella in every respect, not a pot head, not a big drinker. But he's adamant he saw one land one night when he was fishing. It's not even open for discussion as far as he's concerned, they exist.

I was once talking with my dad and neighbour`s on the front step of our terraced house in Salford. The sky was full of stars and the 4 of us were looking up in awe trying to pick out the easier constellations in view.

All of a sudden a red light appeared and flashed across the sky. Without stopping or making a turn like an aircraft would, turned 90 degrees. We stood there for ages trying to figure out what we ha just seen.

This happened about 56 years ago. I still have no idea what I saw that night and have never seen anything like it since.

Definitely a UFO

The question shouldn't be 'do aliens actually exist'. Mathematically speaking, space is so unfathomably huge that it would be unrealistic to presume Earth is the only place that harbours life. Given that life flourishes so freely here (even in strenuous locations to survive, such as the Mariana Trench) and that the laws of physics are universal, there are too many opportunities for life to exist elsewhere. Earth being alone in the universe is unfathomable. In fact, using the lowest estimates available in every factor that culminates in 'alien life' (number of life forms that developed on Earth-like planets near sunlike stars) there should be 10 quadrillion intelligent civilisations in the observable universe. Remember that is a very low estimate.

Even within our own galaxy, there should be at least 100,000 intelligent civilisations. So even if a fraction of them started sending out signals we should have picked something up. But we haven't, ever.

The real question is 'knowing that space should be teeming with life, where is everyone?'. This brings along the Fermi paradox - which in short comes to the conclusion humankind is either fucked (IMO more likely) or alone.

I was once talking with my dad and neighbour`s on the front step of our terraced house in Salford. The sky was full of stars and the 4 of us were looking up in awe trying to pick out the easier constellations in view.

All of a sudden a red light appeared and flashed across the sky. Without stopping or making a turn like an aircraft would, turned 90 degrees. We stood there for ages trying to figure out what we ha just seen.

This happened about 56 years ago. I still have no idea what I saw that night and have never seen anything like it since.

Definitely a UFO
Well yes. An Unidentified Flying Object, with emphasis on the word 'unidentified'. No question that you witnessed something streaking across the night sky but that's not irrefutable evidence of extraterrestrial beings.

Well yes. An Unidentified Flying Object, with emphasis on the word 'unidentified'. No question that you witnessed something streaking across the night sky but that's not irrefutable evidence of extraterrestrial beings.

Exactly, that`s why I called it a UFO.

In fact I thought about calling it an Unidentified Moving Object but then thought fuck it. Only an idiot could think I was trying to say I`d seen a alien spaceship.

;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.