Do City get fairer treatment from CL refs than from PL refs?

Big Swifty

Do they? I don't know, as I haven't seen all the CL games.

But I'd like to know what Bluemooners think.

Yep. It used to be the other way round though. Only majorly dodgy ref we’ve had in Europe recently was that one away at Real a couple of years ago.

I think the quality of refereeing is a touch higher, you don't get refs who've convinced themselves they're C list celebrities, the rules are a touch clearer (admittedly some of that clarity is a joke: eg the handball rules), and the semi automated offsides are better implemented. Not sure it's "fairness" per se.

There doesn't seem to be a bias from European refs that we get here, also think that the standard is a bit higher.

I definitely think so. Whether it is because overseas refs are just better, or whether the exoneration by CAS has lifted a bias against us, I haven't made up my mind yet.
I agree, but only in the more recent years, Dips, Spuds and Lyon in qf still leave much to be desired regarding reffing decisions that potentially cost us those games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.