Do City get fairer treatment from CL refs than from PL refs?

Leaving aside bias or cheating as some people believe.

UEFA handpick the best referees from 57 national associations.

It would be pretty extraordinary if that didn’t result in a higher standard across their games, particularly in their flagship competition, than the standard in any individual league.

Leaving aside bias or cheating as some people believe.

UEFA handpick the best referees from 57 national associations.

It would be pretty extraordinary if that didn’t result in a higher standard across their games, particularly in their flagship competition, than the standard in any individual league.
Pretty sure the PL handpick the 'best' referees for our games here

I keep banging on about this. The reason we are reffed harsher in the Premier league is that the refs are not held up to scrutiny when they fuck up for us.
The decisions they make are not plastered over the news outlets like happens with the red tops.
1 fuck up with those lot and your career is looking bleak.
The ref that failed to keep the advantage going that he had already given vs spurs is a classic example.
Some headlines about it, but mainly about how HE was accosted by the City players.
Spin it to a red top team, and this guy is toast.
Euro refs are not under that scrutiny by the media. They want to please their employer, not a shithead press hound shill.
What we have achieved is quite remarkable considering the 12 men we have faced every game over the years.
I would like to add that the prem refs are not bent,they are self-preserving their careers at our expense.

I keep banging on about this. The reason we are reffed harsher in the Premier league is that the refs are not held up to scrutiny when they fuck up for us.
The decisions they make are not plastered over the news outlets like happens with the red tops.
The ref that failed to keep the advantage going that he had already given vs spurs is a classic example.
Some headlines about it, but mainly about how HE was accosted by the City players.
Euro refs are not under that scrutiny by the media. They want to please their employer, not a shithead press hound shill.
What we have achieved is quite remarkable considering the 12 men we have faced every game over the years.
I would like to add that the prem refs are not bent,they are self-preserving their careers at our expense.
So they are bent then.

Well yeah, Simon Hooper cocked up against us, and they admitted it was a mistake, yet he was back out refereeing a PL game in the next round. Meanwhile, referees regularly get demoted to the Championship when they make big mistakes against certain other teams.

Yesterday, around the 3rd minute. Play stops and Palace player purposely kicks the ball away into the corner flag,thus wasting time. The outcome? The ref didn't blink an eyelid. You just know its gonna be one of them days when this shit happens.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.