Do City get fairer treatment from CL refs than from PL refs?

Hmm

Gallagher if chelsea gets away with 4 or 5 yellow cards, Cucurella avoids a second yellow

The Korean player at wolves avoids a clear red and scores the winner

Rodri regularly booked for things that opposition players don’t get booked for

Goal disallowed v dippers for 2 0 because our player breathes on their goalie

Kulesevski avoids 3 or 4 yellows, Jack through on goal and ref blows for OUR free kick

Injury time winner from one after foul on one of our players earlier in the passage of play yesterday

Yep PL refs so fair

Refs in Champions League are better.

If City weren’t below par in the league this wouldn’t matter so much.

I would hate us as a fan base to become entitled and whining like some of our opponents do. Liverpool being the masters.

Premier League refs are not the best but all we had to do yesterday is see the game out.

Mind boggling. And we scored 2 legit goals and one disallowed and all 3 got scrutinised forensically, nothing for their first goal. I'm not sure if they scrutinised the penalty because I stormed out when it was given.
That would be an interesting stat actually. The average var times taken for goals scored v goals conceded

Mind boggling. And we scored 2 legit goals and one disallowed and all 3 got scrutinised forensically, nothing for their first goal. I'm not sure if they scrutinised the penalty because I stormed out when it was given.
what i meant was grealish remonstrated with the ref when this happened, after his booking for similar offence.

I have noticed a tendency with premier league referees,to give play on when we are fouled but retain the ball. It is as if they think 'city like possession football, are creative and so I'll let them keep the ball here'.

Issue is that it, especially this season with us not being on top form, often leads to us backtracking or losing the ball. There is no advantage. Passing back to Ederson or being stuck on the line still being jostled for the all, is not an advantage.

Yesterday I thought Bernie was fouled just before losing the ball leading to their penalty, and it felt a little bit similar - let city play on as they'll find a way out of this. He didn't blow for the foul yesterday but plenty of times we've been given a questionable advantage, but hardly ever get the ball brought back if we lose it soon after.

Do they? I don't know, as I haven't seen all the CL games.

But I'd like to know what Bluemooners think.
I come home from every match - win, lose or draw - and moan to Mrs Ewing about the useless whistling wanker! She asked me last night were they all like that. Some of the continental refs are a class above the usual PiGMOL misfits, I said, but there are some shockers in Europe bred in the same stable as the worst that turns up at The Etihad. I live in hope that we might just get one that treats our players the way the LotG states.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.