Do City have the best 'spine' in the game?

Nelly's Left Foot said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
CITYBOY1000 said:
I'm loving our times at present.

BUT, I think we don't want to get carried away with ourselves. Let's not forget who we are and where we come from.

A couple of draws or defeats and we will be out of a trophy race and out of contention in the Premiership and the hounds of hell in the media will be baying for blood.

Let's just stay focused and let people judge us by our performances on the pitch and our trophies at the end of the season.

We've won nothing yet.
Is there a better spine though? Or putting it another way ,Who's would you swap for ours?

Pantillimon, Lescott,Garcia ,Dzeko

May not exactly be the favoured sons but that's still a spine worthy of a top half PL team.

NQCitizen said:
Pantillimon, Lescott,Garcia ,Dzeko

May not exactly be the favoured sons but that's still a spine worthy of a top half PL team.[/quote]

Exactly.. And Dzeko is worthy of a CL team... He's way better than Arsenal and Chelsea strikers.

Gaylord du Bois said:
J.Hart-V.Kompany-Y.Toure-S.Aguero.
Now I know it takes many more to make a team but is there any club in football that can boast a better spine?
Makes mine tingle just looking at it.[/quote]

Brooklyn Decker..... now there's a spine that makes me tingle!

Hart-Kompany-Yaya-Agüero

Buffon-Chiellini-Pirlo-Tévez

They're the best two as Pique sticks out as below standard in Barça's Valdes-Pique-Iniesta-Messi, he's nowhere near Kompany or even Chiellini's level.

KippaxCitizen said:
Hart-Kompany-Yaya-Agüero

Buffon-Chiellini-Pirlo-Tévez

They're the best two as Pique sticks out as below standard in Barça's Valdes-Pique-Iniesta-Messi, he's nowhere near Kompany or even Chiellini's level.

Hart sticks out for me.

I like him and he's played well of late, but he's a long way from being considered alongside Kompany, Toure and Aguero.

supercity88 said:
I think when you add Fernandinho as an additional vertebrate it takes some beating!
Hart(GK)-Vinnie(CB)-Fernandinho(CDM)-Yaya(CM)-Silva(CF/CAM)-Aguero(ST)
That's a shit-hot spine to build your team around.
Good times to be blue.

aguero93:20 said:
supercity88 said:
I think when you add Fernandinho as an additional vertebrate it takes some beating!
Good times to be blue.

They are the rocks are team is built around. Whilst spine means solidity to most people, in terms of the vertibrae of our spine, Silva is the most important.

Didsbury Dave said:
supercity88 said:
Good times to be blue.

They are the rocks are team is built around. Whilst spine means solidity to most people, in terms of the vertibrae of our spine, Silva is the most important.

You've got to be able to bend your back!

supercity88 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Good times to be blue.

You've got to be able to bend your back!
Have you seen this lot move round the pitch??! :)
seriously though, wouldn't swap them 6 for anyone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.