Do diferent jobs make you more tolerant to pain or safety?

oh, ok just you never mentioned your work, thought you were building a shed in your garden by the picture.
Been a production carpenter for over thirty years, log stacking, framing and finish work in every weather imaginable. Seen some nasty accidents over the years but not as many as you might expect given the nature of the trade

Clever how they eventually work themselves to the surface. I had a piece of glass in my hand for a year, one night at home it just popped through the skin and I pulled it out, didn't even know it was in there.
It feels great when they eventually come out

Ah right that's why you are off all day. Here's me thinking you were a kept man.

We've all been there, wet oven cloth, then the gastonorm launched across the kitchen as the molten heat seeps through the cloth.

a few flicks of the hand to imaginary dispell the heat, several fuck fuck fucks and carry on regardless, spitting oil wiped off the face another of my favourites as the red spots from the burns appear hrs later.

It is a lot of mind over matter and similar to muscle mwmory, the more it happens the less you notice.

only one ever really bothered me is hot liquid spilling between finger and thumb, god that fucking hurts.
Except the afformentioned tray of beef plus a full canteen of cutlery plummeted 23 floors down and peppered several taxis pulling into the entrance foyer....that was a very very long lift journey down from the top floor for me and the catering manager.

I worked in the office for most of my life, so can't say much about it.
The only injury i had on my working place were some paper curs probably.
For the cases like that i always have some basic meds from canada drugs like plaster and disinfection.
Was surprised to read that so many people had accidents and injuries at work.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.