Do foreign fans understand the hatred?

As a fan from India, there are lot of Hatred United fans on city fans thinking that we are dummy fans following for money....but we really follow with passion despite following it for few years now having a big hope that City will be the club of Future. We carry hatred in terms of victory not in other terms. But i my personal opinion i will carry the hatred if i settle in Manchester as a true City fan in Manchester.

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
If there is one thing more laughable than a City fan (or you can apply it to other clubs too) ranting about how much he hates United and all their fans are complete pricks - even though he most probably lives, works with and is related to them - to a man, as if it justifies his status as a 'massive' fan, it is someone from nowhere near Manchester doing the same.

At least the sad case from Manchester who defines himself in those sort of terms has some sort of rationale, probably having grown up amongst it, unable to escape the Manchester footballing landscape and coming to resent the all pervading arrogance of rags that he came up against every single day.

But those who are seeking to equate it to similar scenes in London or the US or Malaysia are comical . How funny it is that the 'London/US/Malaysian rags' that they bravely face and despise day after day are no-nothing, glory hunting, spineless clowns who support a club that has nothing to do with them, whereas they are dedicated, loyal, knowledgeable people who support a club that has nothing to do with them. To a man. Amazing!

(PS: I know that location alone does not mean that a club has nothing to do with them. But in 90% of the cases it does - think of all the tenuous 'links' and justification that you have heard down the years and laughed at from Cockney rags, etc.)

If someone from another country wants to tell me that they 'feel' Manchester City in the same way as me and my mates who grew up with it do then, yes, I find them ridiculous. Just as I always have with other clubs. The fact that this is pretty much at odds with my politics and outlook on every other aspect of life is irrelevant. In fact, it is because football is actually a pretty insignificant matter in the scheme of things that such nonsense rhetoric and justification is so sad and pathetic.)

Yours

JMA (Huge, massive Buffalo Bulls, Real Madrid, Miami Heat and Manly Sea Eagles fan who lives and breathes for them and understands them just as well as anyone from Buffalo, Madrid, Miami or Manly and how dare you suggest otherwise! How couldn't I? I LOVE them and HATE all their rivals. Whenever I meet a fan of their rivals in Manchester they are sooooooooo different to me.)
While I think some of what you say is unfair I think you have some good points, and will add that I never said I hate United as much as those who've lived all their lives in Manchester, just that I understand and appreciate it. Doesn't mean I don't also resent them and I believe I have good reason to do so.

Go Manly - season starts next week and we have Toovs at the helm can he live up to the bar set by Dessie.

I reckon it is rich for anyone to say who should love or hate who and where they can do it. Don't hate Rags or really hate anyone though there are things about them I hate. But I can honestly say that growing up in Manchester in the 70s and 80s I didn't have strong feelings against them, living in london, Oxford and Coventry in the 90s I took much more of a dislike . Either it was the success or the gobshite muppet fans!not sure

Having lived and grown up in the rag stronghold that Dublin is - probably not exactly, but I 'll tell ya I could write a thesis on the joy and happiness I get from roaring at my rag mates in hiding these days.

Last Friday I roared across the main street of Cork 'Hey Andy! [he looks over] 'C'mon City!' [withers].

The sheer joy of having them on their knees alone is enough. But my Ma taught me better than that - make sure the fooker is dead - win the title.

One of my best mates is a utd fan ... Mr. "utd will never look up the table at City" Caldwell has yet to watch any match with me this season, it was weekly last year.

NO PITY! Show them the same grace they showed us ... none. Cnuts!

I dont hate people for supporting United unless they are being dicks. I know plenty of people that do support them ( some season ticket holders at the swamp ) who are good mates.

What team you support doesn't make you a dick, being a dick makes you a dick.

I hate United as a club though!

When speaking to Americans about this I say:

"You have heard it said that North Carolina is a valley of humility between two mountains of pride*?"

*The two mountains of pride are Virginia and South Carolina

They get it.

"Manchester City is a valley of humility between two mountains of pride*"

*United and Liverpool.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.