Do not loan out Diaz and Foden

I can’t say I’ve ever looked at Diaz and thought he’d be a star player for us. Foden however, I think he will be a star player for us his entire career and remain loyal to the club like Scholes and to a lesser extent Gerrard and Lampard if you focus on his Chelsea days. I’d loan out Diaz.

My mates son is Cameron Humphries. I often wonder what his chances are. Looks a quality player but long term? I don’t know if or how they can make it with the level of players we buy to compete with. How many would be expected to star for us out of each crop of youngsters coming through? Take that silly class of 92 bollocks away and most of theirs fucked off to lesser clubs eventually.
Fixed. ;)

Everyone can agree that the aim of MCFC is winning trophies (and the Directors would add making money into the bargain), but you haven't said what you think the Academy's aims should be. What do you think they are, and what would you like them to be?

What people are not taking into consideration is that transfers & wages are becoming so ridiculous that even City are refusing to take part.

The smart club would be the one that finds a way to produce half its own team, which is a stated aim of the chairman.

Would rather Brahim go out on loan and play 30+ senior games than play 5 or 6 off the bench for us.

Don't really get the negativity towards loan moves. For an 18/19 year old it could be a great development experience for him.

We need to give these two games now.

I'd have them starting against the cannon fodder at home and all early cup games and any CL dead rubbers that might arise.

see what the crack is.

We need to give these two games now.

I'd have them starting against the cannon fodder at home and all early cup games and any CL dead rubbers that might arise.

see what the crack is.
Or, sell them both with a buy back? Gets them playing every week, for a team that wants them, and enables City to monitor their progress with no risk.

If we loan him out, he will be sold the season after. You know how it works.

Angus Gunn, Pablo Maffeo, Angelino, Enes Unal... the list is endless.

Diaz is good enough NOW, never mind loaning him out. The kid has magic in his boots and if we tried to perservere and find a pathway for him and Foden, we will reap the benefits in the long term. Utd showed Rashford a pathway, Liverpool showed Alexander Arnold a pathway, reaped the benefits. If we keep loaning players out, we will never be able to keep hold of our academy players because they will do exactly what Sancho did. Sends out all the wrong signals for me.

I love the attitude he has shown to the top bosses at City. He has made it clear he is here to fight for his place and break in this star studded City team. Elite mentality.
United and Liverpool can keep showing pathways for their academy kids to get into the first team. Meanwhile, we'll have shelled out 50/60/70+ mill for nailed on stardust. And win the league. Pass me the cheque book please.

What's this obsession with Foden? is it the English angle? Diaz is much better.
Diaz shows great promise but Foden is something very special. I have absolutely no doubt he will become one of the best in the world but give him time. It’s nice that he’s a local boy and supported city as a kid but that doesn’t mean anything to Pep or our owners. They will persevere with him because he is an outstanding talent. He is ahead of any other player at his age (maybe barring granny shagger who peaked at 18 and Mbappe) and is easily the best teenager we’ve ever had

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.