Do our new owners enjoy watching us kick seven shades of....

pee dubya said:
I can understand threads criticising tactics, performances, signings, subsitutions, lin-ups, even interviews. People want Hughes gone, they don't think he's good enough, fair enough.

What i don't understand is the constant low level bitching about him. 'He turned down Chelsea to come here because he knew he wasn't good enough for a top job' - inaccurate and pointless thread.

All the Agent Hughes stuff, what a load of shite.

He's starstruck by the likes of Robinho? One of the most ridiculous things i've seen posted on here (although quite far behind 'i wouldn't mind us being relegated if it meant getting rid of Hughes').

It's any excuse to have a go, no matter how little sense it makes, or how petty it is.

People wanting him sacked doesn't annoy me, it's the fact that it's the same people posting the same stuff, worded slightly differently, over and over and over again. It's like every single little negative thought they have has to somehow be expressed on here to relieve their frustration.

I'll just never understand why people feel the need to pursue the Hughes is shit topic so relentlessly.

My thoughts exactly, it makes this board a much worse place to be. Seriously, if you showed a Watford fan this board they would rightly think what a load of spoilt arrogant t*ssers - personally I think it's frankly embarrassing the stuff I am reading when only 6 points off 4th place with a game in hand - and we all know but for some refereeing decisions it could have been even better.

Oh yes and lets not forget our first semi final in 28 years !!

garryink said:
ManCityFC said:
What do you want to talk about mate? How well everything is going? Nob.
I think you make your point well -not! No one said all is well, but then maybe you had trouble understanding that . Dick.
We could go on to demonstrate how these things deteriorate -bored now!

Who rattled your cage?

I think the fact that the poster basically asked for the thread to be removed is why I argued in that manner....OK god?

ManCityFC said:
pee dubya said:
I can understand threads criticising tactics, performances, signings, subsitutions, lin-ups, even interviews. People want Hughes gone, they don't think he's good enough, fair enough.

What i don't understand is the constant low level bitching about him. 'He turned down Chelsea to come here because he knew he wasn't good enough for a top job' - inaccurate and pointless thread.

He's starstruck by the likes of Robinho? One of the most ridiculous things i've seen posted on here (although quite far behind 'i wouldn't mind us being relegated if it meant getting rid of Hughes').

It's any excuse to have a go, no matter how little sense it makes, or how petty it is.

People wanting him sacked doesn't annoy me, it's the fact that it's the same people posting the same stuff, worded slightly differently, over and over and over again. It's like every single little negative thought they have has to somehow be expressed on here to relieve their frustration.

I'll just never understand why people feel the need to pursue the Hughes is shit topic so relentlessly.

I agree with this mate, but to answer your last point, he will always be a little hard to trust and good results and major progress would have probably won him the trust of most of the fans, but it just hasn't happened for him has it, and I think the once that confidence is lost altogether, and by the majority, it's perhaps more useful for everyone if he called it a day. Even the players seem to be losing confidence now and I have never known the fans so disjointed and at each others throats as they are now. Even in this thread, the mere question has prompted angry and aggressive responses to what was meant to be a fairly serious question about the lack of unity of the fans. I accept the tongue in cheek "do they get a kick out of it" pun may have been a little unfair, but still, it is a serious question. Surely they cannot enjoy watching the fans get so angry with one another when this could and now probably should be addressed?

I don't think it's because he's an ex-rag, well not entirely, it's because of the expectation level now is quite rightly, far higher than before, so failure hurts more than before. Under Pearce for example, watching us play football was appalling, in North Korea they show recordings of the those matches on big screens to infuse a sense of apathy and resignation within the population. But your right, it was still far more settled on here, because everyone expected us to be shit anyway, just a bit less shit than we were.

Also, i don't live in Manchester, so i don't know what it's like actually at the ground, but on here this is a much bigger forum now than in the past, with more people you're going to get a bigger variety of characters and opinions and so arguments will break out more often.

ManCityFC said:
garryink said:
I think you make your point well -not! No one said all is well, but then maybe you had trouble understanding that . Dick.
We could go on to demonstrate how these things deteriorate -bored now!

Who rattled your cage?

I think the fact that the poster basically asked for the thread to be removed is why I argued in that manner....OK god?

I wasnt in fact asking for the thread (or any thread for that) to be removed.

I was making a general point about limiting some of the excesses we all read.

But thanks for the personal abuse in any case. You are a star.

fbloke said:
ManCityFC said:
Who rattled your cage?

I find people resort to insults, abuse and cheap jibes when they're losing the argument.

Blue Mooner said:
fbloke said:

I find people resort to insults, abuse and cheap jibes when they're losing the argument.

Indeeed, and of course once someone shouts they prove how wrong they are AT A HIGHER VOLUME!

pee dubya said:

Stop reading them then

pee dubya said:
ManCityFC said:
I agree with this mate, but to answer your last point, he will always be a little hard to trust and good results and major progress would have probably won him the trust of most of the fans, but it just hasn't happened for him has it, and I think the once that confidence is lost altogether, and by the majority, it's perhaps more useful for everyone if he called it a day. Even the players seem to be losing confidence now and I have never known the fans so disjointed and at each others throats as they are now. Even in this thread, the mere question has prompted angry and aggressive responses to what was meant to be a fairly serious question about the lack of unity of the fans. I accept the tongue in cheek "do they get a kick out of it" pun may have been a little unfair, but still, it is a serious question. Surely they cannot enjoy watching the fans get so angry with one another when this could and now probably should be addressed?

I don't think it's because he's an ex-rag, well not entirely, it's because of the expectation level now is quite rightly, far higher than before, so failure hurts more than before. Under Pearce for example, watching us play football was appalling, in North Korea they show recordings of the those matches on big screens to infuse a sense of apathy and resignation within the population. But your right, it was still far more settled on here, because everyone expected us to be shit anyway, just a bit less shit than we were.

Also, i don't live in Manchester, so i don't know what it's like actually at the ground, but on here this is a much bigger forum now than in the past, with more people you're going to get a bigger variety of characters and opinions and so arguments will break out more often.

Yes, good point, but I firmly believe that the owners missed a trick with not replacing him when they started the project. From the minute we were bought, most people seemed very convinced that he was not the right man for the job and since the second MH was signed, people were very unhappy about his past. So yes, I think expectation level has raised, rightfully so though, however I think the whole ex-rag thing has really not helped. I don't think expectation level is too high too. I live here and most blues I talk too just feel sick of letting an opportunity to make an early impact, go begging. I guess the poor run of form of the other teams in the top 4 compounds this sense of sand running through our fingers.

So I think that all these factors have created a very unhealthy split amongst the fans....and surely the club see this isn't healthy?

If an when an ex-rag manages a side that meets expectations in terms of performances and results we will be universal in support of him continuing.

It's the performances that have caused the split, not the background.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.