Do our stewards only hassle Blues

That's a good point. United became a sort of cult club on the back of Munich and the romance of winning the European cup with Matt Busby and Bobby Charlton being survivors of that tragedy. George Best being the first football pin up/ superstar too. Then Ferguson's success and great marketing. They also bully their season ticket holders to attend with fear of losing their ticket.
Liverpool marketed their success and emotions of supporting the club very well too. We often call it a cult on here and it is. Once you get fans believing supporting a club is more special than others and almost a religious experience it makes them walking away very difficult.
Arsenal have the London tourist factor and they have been winning the odd cup and pushing in the league to retain the interest.
Villa? I think they've fluctuated but have stayed fairly loyal.

As for us we have the problem that the hard core 28-30,000 who stuck by us in the second division are 60+ and sadly dying off. Our success at the moment keeps attendances full but we have to ensure we maintain and build on that hard core support in case hard times return.
Cheers-good reply.
I guess until it happens we'll never really know for sure. Impossible to quantify, but lot of our support was attracted by underdog adversity too. That said, I appreciate paying a few quid at the turnstiles back then, is somewhat different to now.

No, but I'd guess it's on things like demographic grounds (age, location, gender, etc), how many games we attend and which competitions, how much we spend on official merchandise.

Be interesting to know how much effort is put into understanding overseas fans and driving revenue directly from them. Of the revenue streams reported, Other Commercial dwarfs Matchday and is bigger than Broadcasting. I assume the vast majority of that is sponsorship and the indirect value of the overseas fans is in driving sponsorship rates up rather than their direct purchases.

Probably just a bit more than the South stand
However when it's completed, I'm certain that the majority of seats in L1 East and CB will be significantly increased in price to get rid of/relocate existing season card holders, so those seats can be sold to tourists at a premium

That will look great for a rearranged midweek match on TV. 100’s of empty seats along ESL1.

Guessing

I think most relocations will be from ESL2, being priced out, and NSL2, as it will be gone, as well as NSL1. I think most people are happy in SSL1 and SSL3, so I don’t expect a big exodus from those tiers.

Last edited:
They were profiling the fanbase well before the takeover. Alistair Mackintosh said it in an interview he gave while he was CEO.
I would think any big company looking to buy a company based on customer service/footfall would profile that company though? If you were a big company buying Argos for example you would profile as much as possible surely.

That will look a great for a rearranged midweek match on TV. 100’s of empty seats along ESL1.

Guessing

I think most relocations will be from ESL2, being priced out, and NSL2, as it will be gone, as well as NSL1. I think most people are happy in SSL1 and SSL3, so I don’t expect a big exodus from those tiers.
On a small Poll (me), I'm staying in SS3 even though the NS is a quicker getaway for me unless the price is too good to refuse.

Can we try to get back on topic, please? Namely, the issue about stewarding, not the cost of season tickets/cards. Thanks.
As a decent segway back to stewarding I do wonder if the increase in ticket prices is partly to offset the seemingly huge growth in the number of stewards we employ.
Looking round the ground yesterday I was fucking amazed at the number of hi vis jackets on display.

Why do we have so many. Back in the day there’d be a noticeable increase in their numbers for games where trouble was brewing, fair enough. Nowadays you’re more likely to see trouble in Costa Coffee and the average patron (sorry “supporter”) wouldn’t look out of place in Harrods so it’s not to combat trouble. We know this full well because when any trouble arises these clowns are fucking nowhere and it’s left to ordinary blues to sort it out for themselves

So why ARE there huge numbers of these annoying, useless, not fit for purpose busybodies infesting every part of the ground ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.