Do our stewards only hassle Blues

I know one of them, big George Williams from Wythenshawe. They do all the matches, concerts etcetera. No, you'd soon know about it if you turned up with a handful of clobber to sell lol.

Reminds me of a lad I worked with on the ships, mad Alex from Partington. In the late seventies he bought himself a burger van. Come Saturday night he parks up near Piccadilly gardens and is doing a roaring trade. A bloke comes up.and he asks Alex what he's doing. Alex replies, "Burgers, hotdogs mate what can I get you?" He then gets told in no uncertain terms to fuck off he's on their patch. Alex was a bit of a hard nut and jumps out of the van, gives the bloke a few clumps and chases him off. About an hour later his van is flipped over and he has to run for his life as about six of them chase him with axes etcetera. He never went back for the van lol.
There have been murders of people in the burger van trade.

For the first time ever I faced a bit of attitude by stewards on B tonight. Only a bit, but it annoyed me. As a woman with a young child I usually don't get treated as if I have twenty lagers hidden and worse. (Which I don't have hidden btw!)

bag search people decided to quiz me what my asthma inhaler was. I mean it's an asthma inhaler, did they think it had whisky or an explosive in it. I didn't give attitude back btw.
then my 7 year old was ordered to open his coat, and I had my hood (that was not even up) patted to check nothing was hidden in it.
I mean come on, i guess they were bored as it was still 90 min til kick off and quite empty but just bugged me.
don't get me wrong I know a lot of you have this all the time, I read it in here. But I've never had more than a silent bag search and the wand!

all the years I came with mum they were great, friendly, as they could see it was just us mum and daughter, elderly lady on a crutch. Mum would've hated what the whole new turnstile system is. Miles away from the actual turnstile, no one treats you with a smile or as an actual person - even tho we don't normally get grief it's still usually miserable silent people.

And to make matters worse, once I got past the bag search misery, and then the wand/hood/coat sulk, the third section of this relay race to even enter ie the steward at the final leg refused to even try and scan my card and ordered me to find an access team steward to do it. I mean ffs, I told him it's a plastic season card it works in your machine. But no. Wouldn't do it. So I had to get scanned by a diff team at the doors, and I know from August that although that let's you in it doesn't record that you attended, so city will think we're no shows and will probably send a threatening email like the mistaken January ones!

after the high of Sunday with my son on the pitch, nothing like having to pass the three trolls to get in! :(

Last edited:
Never had issue with the stewards or those searching before entry. The one lastnight was really friendly to me and my son.

Anyone know why there were so many stewards down at pitch side towards the end of the game? It's like they were expecting a pitch invasion. At 10:15 on a Wednesday night..

Never had issue with the stewards or those searching before entry. The one lastnight was really friendly to me and my son.

Anyone know why there were so many stewards down at pitch side towards the end of the game? It's like they were expecting a pitch invasion. At 10:15 on a Wednesday night..
Are these extras only paid for a hour or so?

Otherwise they should be doing searches, I was in reasonably early as usual last night but mates around me said the queue upto M2 was massive and still only 4 wand wavers....why not use more?

Are these extras only paid for a hour or so?

Otherwise they should be doing searches, I was in reasonably early as usual last night but mates around me said the queue upto M2 was massive and still only 4 wand wavers....why not use more?

Presume you mean M1? I know you're in SS3 as I am, I got there last night and the queue was past the gates for M1, about 1000 people all snaked round the barriers so I decided to try N1 as there were about 5 people in that queue and my ticket worked.

M1 has been shite for years and is getting worse, 4 stewards wanding people down whilst at least 9 or 10 are stood milling round the turnstiles doing fuck all

Presume you mean M1? I know you're in SS3 as I am, I got there last night and the queue was past the gates for M1, about 1000 people all snaked round the barriers so I decided to try N1 as there were about 5 people in that queue and my ticket worked.

M1 has been shite for years and is getting worse, 4 stewards wanding people down whilst at least 9 or 10 are stood milling round the turnstiles doing fuck all
Yeah I do, it's early yet today and I was late back.

The bloke behind me in the ground said he'd been turned away from N1 and was fuming.

As a decent segway back to stewarding I do wonder if the increase in ticket prices is partly to offset the seemingly huge growth in the number of stewards we employ.
Looking round the ground yesterday I was fucking amazed at the number of hi vis jackets on display.

Why do we have so many. Back in the day there’d be a noticeable increase in their numbers for games where trouble was brewing, fair enough. Nowadays you’re more likely to see trouble in Costa Coffee and the average patron (sorry “supporter”) wouldn’t look out of place in Harrods so it’s not to combat trouble. We know this full well because when any trouble arises these clowns are fucking nowhere and it’s left to ordinary blues to sort it out for themselves

So why ARE there huge numbers of these annoying, useless, not fit for purpose busybodies infesting every part of the ground ?
My dad took me to my first match in August '69 (Owls 4-1). He worked on the papers at Thomson House and couldn't manage many Saturday afternoon games.
A mate of his from Burnage used to pick me up at noon, park up on Horton Road and walk round with me to the Platt Lane to make sure I got in ok.
Then he'd head off to perform his duties as a steward in the Main Stand.
60-odd year old bloke, City fan, in a nice warm overcoat, helping people find their seats and enjoying a bit of banter with "his regulars". Most stewards were in this category. Any bother, the old bill were called in.
He'd be spinning in his grave at the behaviour of some (not all) of the cretins who do the "job" nowadays.

At the risk of a lengthy ban, I will concede to a rag mate of mine, who to be fair is not a gobshite, like me he is from Newton Heath (not Neasden) when following our takeover, did say to me, 'Just watch, if success follows, so will the bandwagon jumping new fans, and your club will pander to them as mine has ... and you will become all you have rightfully mocked us for'.

I truly thought it wouldn't happen. (Not the newbies, that was inevitable) But that our club 'got' us. Appreciated the loyalty we showed in our darkest days. And never would we be second to said newbies.

As yet, he hasn't said 'Told you so ... ' (I might twat him when he does :-) )
County are going to be the next club to suffer with this!

There are no fans in the stadium at that time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.