Do our stewards only hassle Blues

At the risk of a lengthy ban, I will concede to a rag mate of mine, who to be fair is not a gobshite, like me he is from Newton Heath (not Neasden) when following our takeover, did say to me, 'Just watch, if success follows, so will the bandwagon jumping new fans, and your club will pander to them as mine has ... and you will become all you have rightfully mocked us for'.

I truly thought it wouldn't happen. (Not the newbies, that was inevitable) But that our club 'got' us. Appreciated the loyalty we showed in our darkest days. And never would we be second to said newbies.

As yet, he hasn't said 'Told you so ... ' (I might twat him when he does :-) )
He sounds like the kind of Rag I dream of meeting just once in my lifetime, relatively knowledgeable and semi sensible

At least the half and half scarf hawkers are raking it in. 5 of them at the top of the Metrolink steps all shouting….”Get your half and half scarfs, player scarfs,”

I was stood next to them for a few minutes waiting for someone on Sunday and saw a foreign couple return and say… Just checked my bank and you’ve charged me £10 twice.

The poor lad was mortified at his mistake and quickly gave her £10 cash back and saw her on her way.

I was stood next to them for a few minutes waiting for someone on Sunday and saw a foreign couple return and say… Just checked my bank and you’ve charged me £10 twice.

The poor lad was mortified at his mistake and quickly gave her £10 cash back and saw her on her way.

I saw one of the scarf hawkers with a chip pin device in his hand shouting cash or contactless chip and pin. Lol!

The funny thing was, as soon as the scarf hawkers strayed on to the Etihad Camapus next to the Etihad Campus station they were moved off it straightaway by security. They obviously aren’t allowed on to the Etihad Campus selling City souvenirs, but City can’t stop them selling City souvenirs outside of the Etihad Campus. It must be costing City hundreds of thousands of pounds a season in lost souvenier sales. Another thing I noticed, they all seemed to know each other, like it was a group of them selling the scarfs on their patch. The Etihad Metrolink stop must be quite lucrative for the hawkers.

I saw one of the scarf hawkers with a chip pin device in his hand shouting cash or contactless chip and pin. Lol!

The funny thing was, as soon as the scarf hawkers strayed on to the Etihad Camapus next to the Etihad Campus station they were moved off it straightaway by security. They obviously aren’t allowed on to the Etihad Campus selling City souvenirs, but City can’t stop them selling City souvenirs outside of the Etihad Campus. It must be costing City hundreds of thousands of pounds a season in lost souvenier sales. Another thing I noticed, they all seemed to know each other, like it was a group of them selling the scarfs on their patch. The Etihad Metrolink stop must be quite lucrative for the hawkers.

Yeah it’s definitely a team of them. I used to know a lad who sold T-shirts and other tatt outside concerts for a living. There was about a dozen of them, worked for a guy in Chorlton. They went all over doing it. I imagine it’s the same people doing football now aswell.

Doubt it would go down very well if you just rocked up with your own supply and tried knocking them out on their patch.

Yeah it’s definitely a team of them. I used to know a lad who sold T-shirts and other tatt outside concerts for a living. There was about a dozen of them, worked for a guy in Chorlton. They went all over doing it. I imagine it’s the same people doing football now aswell.

Doubt it would go down very well if you just rocked up with your own supply and tried knocking them out on their patch.

That did cross my mind. The same hawkers seem to have their own patches around the ground every home game. They never go into another hawkers patch. There’s quite a few hawkers spread along Ashton New Road outside the car park main entrance, the South stand and close to Mary D’s.

I thought this thread was asking if stewards just hassled our fans not about hawkers selling scarves?
Hawkers also hassle fans. :-)

Try getting past the Hawkers at the top of the Etihad Campus Metrolink station steps without being hassled to buy a half and half scarf.

Hawkers also hassle fans. :-)

Try getting past the Hawkers at the top of the Etihad Campus Metrolink station steps without being hassled to buy a half and half scarf.
I just used to walk straight past. It’s easy you keep on walking. Ours are nothing compared to the ones in Europe. However they aren’t stewards. :-) ;-)

I just used to walk straight past. It’s easy you keep on walking. Ours are nothing compared to the ones in Europe. However they aren’t stewards. :-) ;-)

I was sold beer by beer hawkers on the way to the ground in Germany. Then the police turned up, confiscated all their beer, and arrested the beer hawkers. :-(

Don’t they need licences to sell stuff on public streets ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.