Do the Royal Family care about Harry?

I think it’s always sad when parents and their offspring fall out. Bad karma all round, although sometimes it’s unavoidable of course.

Think Harry’s wife is clearly the main driver, but that doesn’t mean it’s necessarily wrong for him. He clearly loves her very much - and his family, and its circumstance, are unusual to say the least. I think, fwiw, he’s probably happier with the way things are than he was before she came along.

I do think (and I don’t like him) that Charles probably stepped up to the plate when Diana died, but Harry’s issues go far deeper than that - and he will definitely resent the way his dad treated his mum, which was pretty appalling.

Now the old girl has gone, Anne apart, it’s a completely fucked up family.

One of my arguments against hereditary monarchy is that it forces the members of that family to live unnaturally. It's almost a recipe for mental illness.

You live much of your life in a goldfish bowl where the wankers in the press dissect your every move. They photograph you endlessly and chase after you if you dare have an interest in a member of the opposite, maybe fucking the relationship if the other person can't cope with the hassle. If you're a woman, they discuss how you dress, what hairstyle you have, the fucking lot. Your life is set out for you. Public boarding school, uni (whether you have the aptitude or not), armed services (whether you have the inclination or not) then a lifetime of cutting ribbons, eating lunches and dinners with assorted boring cunts, making speeches but not being allowed to say anything of significance. If, for example, you think the government are a bunch of corrupt, callous scumbags, you have to keep it to yourself. You have to be a patron of charities whether you give a shit or not. You have to do certain things that are expected of you, whether you can be arsed or not. It's all part of the job, and you better have the right face on too, even if you think what you're attending is a pile of shite.

Ok, it's well-paid. Very well-paid. And you get a lot of deference if you're into that sort of thing. (I'm the sort of person who dislikes being called 'sir' by a waiter, but I know some folk enjoy being toadied to.)

So, Harry opted out. His reward is to be treated by the press as though he's Hitler, while his woman gets slagged off like she's Messalina on steroids. All because he did not conform.

I couldn't cope with any of that shite, so if I'd been born into it I'd have opted out too. I'd just have kept my gob shut though, and quietly sought a life as an academic at Oxford or Cambridge. But you have to have brains to do that, and - well, let's say the RF are not noted as intellectuals.
It's a gilded cage.

I don’t even know which one he is.

I'm still trying to work it out.

2F97512E00000578-0-image-a-70_1451174908850.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.