Do we actually have a transfer strategy?

We seem to pedantic, could De Jong have been bought with a bit more of a persuasion(money)? We don't see Real, Barcelona, or PSG, baulking at paying the fee to secure the player they want. However we could be hitting a period worldwide, when there isn't the same level of funds splashing about, hence Pogba still being a rag.

The kids are/have been there. Sancho, frimpong, maffeo, diaz, Lopez, etc. If they dont look like being good enough after 12/18 months but have helped out the squad rotate at least we will get decent cash instead of some of the chicken feed we get for our kids. Also if they are getting game time they will extend contracts and not go for free. Look over the road at some of the money their crap academy players get sold for.
I know i never express my self well, but my problem is not our brilliant academy, or our brilliant youth, it is the huge gap between EDS and the first team squad, Frimpong is a good example in two years time i can see him out performing Walker, first team exposure that he could not get here will do that, and for me most of our 19 plus year olds need that,
That creates a gaps in our EDS level that i feel we should buy young quality players that are a lot closer to our first team, that could or can challenge, that is the market we have not invested in, and January is the best time for these

With Bravo ,Ottamendi, Fernandinho and Silva most likely to leave and Aguero on his last legs, who we go after in the summer is going to be very predictable the closer it gets especially when you consider it a pyramid where only the top is good enough, to be fair we have done very well in this market but there are others, we have bought half a dozen under 18`s since the start of the season, yet have only 1 youth player in the first team squad, quite simply the gap between the first team and the EDS is way too big, for me every year we do not get a youth player into the first team squad we should buy one if not two, January is the best time of year to do that, Camavinga and Henry would be the players i would buy for the EDS with a view to them being in the first team squad next season, two very different players and prices but both first team players

Henry ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.