Do we have a world class forward?

Mahrez is our only world class forward.
Raheem was but is now too inconsistent
Jesus is a good player but not world class and I fear will never be
Phil might be but isn't yet
Palmer its too early to say
Grealish thinks he is but isn't close yet
Bernardo is a world class midfielder who is not a world class forward

We need one if not two world class forwards.

Do we even have a forward?
Torres was our best striker but we let him go on the cheap!
Sterling a good winger, overrated though and he misses far too many chances, he’s scored and assisted well here but his numbers are only so high because he plays for the greatest and most dominant team in the world.
Foden is a central midfielder, an excellent young talent but I’m worried he’s not progressing as well as he should be. Grealish is a midfielder, certainly not a forward. Mahrez is an attacking midfielder, Jesus is the closet we have to a forward and he wants to play on the wing! Delay is a huge talent, prolific in youth football but been injured all season and unknown.

Gundogan, Kev and Bernardo are our best finishers, in that order but neither are a forward
I’d call Sterling Mharez Jesus forwards, possibly Foden but still think like Silva (both) and KDB his future will be midfield. That’s it for me.
The question should be would we be better with world class forwards, while there are sure to be players out there that will improve us, I’m not sure they are the ones the club will get are the same names we would say are world class forwards. And that seems to have worked out just fine.

Mahrez is our only world class forward.
Raheem was but is now too inconsistent
Jesus is a good player but not world class and I fear will never be
Phil might be but isn't yet
Palmer its too early to say
Grealish thinks he is but isn't close yet
Bernardo is a world class midfielder who is not a world class forward

We need one if not two world class forwards.
To be fair I don't think Grealish would ever consider himself as even a potential World Class forward

Do we even have a forward?
Torres was our best striker but we let him go on the cheap!
Sterling a good winger, overrated though and he misses far too many chances, he’s scored and assisted well here but his numbers are only so high because he plays for the greatest and most dominant team in the world.
Foden is a central midfielder, an excellent young talent but I’m worried he’s not progressing as well as he should be. Grealish is a midfielder, certainly not a forward. Mahrez is an attacking midfielder, Jesus is the closest we have to a forward and he wants to play on the wing! Delap is a huge talent, prolific in youth football but been injured all season and unknown.

Gundogan, Kev and Bernardo are our best finishers, in that order but neither are a forward.

So no we don’t really have any world class forwards now in the face of it, it all depends how you define world class forward though.
The team reflects Pep. His dream is a team made entirely of midfielders who can all play anywhere. He once put out a Barca side with Abidal the only recognized defender in it. Foden and Kev are probably nearest to his ideal. Maybe Gundog or even Bernado too.

To be a world class forward you need to have pace, strength, finishing ability and a football brain/situational awareness. The final ingredient is hard work. In reply to the original question, NO we don't and it will probably prove crucial.

Our current forward line, or players who sometime play there, are powder puff. How as a club we have let this perpetuate is astonishing neglect. It's not as if there's even a shortage of forwards to be found. Even that Broja that Southampton had, who's not had a sniff at Chelsea, is better as a target man than any target man we have and he bloody Armenian FFS

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.