Do we have a world class forward?

We haven't got ANY genuinely 'World class' players imo, but we do have a 'World class' first team squad and coach.

We have a group of technically efficient players who have an unmatched work ethic.

Most 'World class' players have a tendency to be disruptive divas. We can do without them.
I'd say Ederson, Cancelo, KDB and Bernardo are world class as in they are among the best few players in their position.

Walker is also world class in our system, you could make an argument for Dias and Rodri also

I do agree though that we have the best coach in the world by a country mile

I'd say Ederson, Cancelo, KDB and Bernardo are world class as in they are among the best 3 or 4 players in their position.

Walker is also world class in our system, you could make an argument for Dias and Rodri also

I do agree though that we have the best coach in the world by a country mile
was just about to post something similar about most of the players you quoted.

The question is if a world class forward (whatever that means) would fit into the way how we play right now. I don't know of any forward right now that would fit into our front five without impacting negatively our defensive set up. Saying that, I don't understand why we did not keep Ferran until the end of the season.

Tbh I think most of our forwards suffer from never getting too many games in a row. And if they ever do it's in a different position from week to week.

They're a lot better than we realise. The levels they manage to reach with inconsistent appearance selections shouldn't be taken for granted.

How many world class forwards are there in the league ?

Salah certainly.
Kane - not this season
Ronaldo - not for a couple of seasons now
Lukaku - not this season
Mane - never
Firmino - never
Sun - not consistent enough

I'd pick any permutation of our much maligned (on here) front four over any other player in the league bar Salah

The question is if a world class forward (whatever that means) would fit into the way how we play right now. I don't know of any forward right now that would fit into our front five without impacting negatively our defensive set up. Saying that, I don't understand why we did not keep Ferran until the end of the season.
because he wanted to leave.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.