Do we have a world class forward?

How many world class forwards are there in the league ?

Salah certainly.
Kane - not this season
Ronaldo - not for a couple of seasons now
Lukaku - not this season
Mane - never
Firmino - never
Sun - not consistent enough

I'd pick any permutation of our much maligned (on here) front four over any other player in the league bar Salah
I think Jota would work well in our system.

“World Class“ is subjective like “Big Club” pointless arguing about it until it’s agreed what the definition is.

To me it’s are you either the first or second best in the World in your position?

To others that could easily mean the top 100 players where 25 of them are strikers.

Just no point…and we don’t have any strikers anyway.

“World Class“ is subjective like “Big Club” pointless arguing about it until it’s agreed what the definition is.

To me it’s are you either the first or second best in the World in your position?

To others that could easily mean the top 100 players where 25 of them are strikers.

Just no point…and we don’t have any strikers anyway.
About as pointless as the "daily mail website".

Foden is world class, argument to be made he's a midfielder playing as a forward I suppose. Mahrez is world class, he may not always fit seemlessly into the side but he consistently does the business. Sterling has world class qualities mixed with Sunday league, he can show world class form. Jesus is a brilliant fit for peps team, would need to be either more ruthless or more capable of individual brilliance to reach the world class bracket. Grealish nope.

How many world class forwards are there in the league ?

Salah certainly.
Kane - not this season
Ronaldo - not for a couple of seasons now
Lukaku - not this season
Mane - never
Firmino - never
Sun - not consistent enough

I'd pick any permutation of our much maligned (on here) front four over any other player in the league bar Salah
I think the sun has been pretty consistent though, rising and setting at roughly the same times everyday.

I'm not sure that "world class" was needed in the thread title.
Probably true. Doubtless "world class" is a subjective term but I think common consensus is the best 3-4 players in their position. KDB definitely belongs in that category. So too do Dias, Cancelo, Rodders, and Eddy. You could advocate Gundogan also.

But up front is where the individual quality isn't quite at that level. As others have stated I think all of our forwards, with the exception of Gabby, should be categorised as playmakers. It wasn't a way of denigrating the team, we are a world class team. But having a world class "target man" would afford us another dimension: and subsequently improve us as a squad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.