Do we have some sort of tie-in with Rangers?

Ken Shabby said:
Back to my original post, and I didn't want this to turn into what it has, I'm more interested in the footballing side of things. And why our youngsters are signing for them.

When is the released list out?

It's not exactly a flood of signings is it? Weiss had loan offers from both Celtic and Rangers and IIRC it was left to the player to decide. The Norwegian twins had been released by City and Rangers are not exactly flush with money just now so youngsters released by Prem clubs would be a likely target for them.

awaydayblue said:
No more than any other club I am aware of?

Regarding how Rangers how perceived by City fans, as an old timer, I can remember as kids we used to have a Scottish team as a 'second' team. All the reds picked Celtic (Rod Stewart even included a reference to it with the line Your're, Celtic/United his song "You're in my heart"), whilst we all went for Rangers.

Bit of a sweeping generalisation there, my Scottish team has always been and will always be Dunfermline Athletic. And the City shop also sold City/Celtic hats as well as City/Rangers ones back in the day.

no, how does them signing youth players we release because we deem them to be not good enough consitute a link?

it's just simple "oh a big english club have released them let's have a butcher's at them".

If you want to look for links, then Hull have signed 4 United reserve players permanently in the last 2 transfer windows.

Most blues I know prefer rangers, but wrecking the city didn't help relations.

Although my family are all rangers season ticket holders, id hate them and Celtic to be in the English league. Bigotry has no place in our country.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
clp1000 said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Don't talk fucking shite.
It was that barmy bunch of sectarian,wanna-be orangeman wankers who decided that a faulty TV screen warranted a full scale riot.
Fuck them and their religious bigotry right off.

Irony ?

Not really,no.
Red Hand Of Ulster flags are a frequent sight at Rangers matches,as is the sad chanting of songs about the battle of the Boyne,and The Sash.
As these are songs sung by orangemen,I can but assume that a significant number of Rangers fans support their cause.
Personally,I consider that any fans who spend most of the game singing about 300 year old wars that happened in another country are a bit sad,and have a massive identity crisis.
They are Scottish,yet wave the Union flag,and the flag of Ulster,rather than their own flag,the Saltire.
How odd is that?

The irony being you calling tham "sectarian" and "orange wankers" in the same sentence. I can't believe neutrals dislike Rangers fans more than the terrorist-loving Celtic fans who openly sing songs supporting the IRA - who also "wrecked our city" ???

I remember a few lads used sing Rangers and loyalist songs on the kippax in the late 80's.
It was pretty vile stuff.

They weren't Scottish or Northern Irish, just wankers.

I would sooner be associated with rangers than the other IRA, anti English pricks from the other side of Glasgow, who sing songs about the very terrorists who made more of a mess of Manchester with the bombings in 1997. And before you jump on me for this I was brought up as an RC, at least the Gers wanna belong to the UK..........................

totallywired said:
uberblue said:
In the olde days, we were the protestant manchester club, utd the catholic. Several of my mates wore Rangers regalia.
Did they wear a sash as well?

Whats up with wearing a sash

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.