Do we need a hard man in the team?

No as it means we'll be changing our tactics which means there's are working the referees and discipline needs sorting out the club needs to be more vocal in the media start putting pressure on the authorities

No we need refs to protect our players, certain ex players to stop advocating the need to give our players a kick, correct disciplinary action taken against shocking tackles on our own players and for shit fucking shit fucking footballers in this fucking country, to actually watch and learn from our players, rather than try to end seasons or worse end careers.
I was going to respond to the op, then seen this post and this post says it all.

A real hardman in our team like we had with Barry de jong to protect our more gifted players in the mould of a viera Keane(spits) gattuso?? Thoughts

Gareth Barry was/is a "hard man"???
If that's your standard then I think we already have a few...

Ederson
Walker
Otamendi
Fernandinho
Kompany
Delph...

None of them stand any shit.

But the thing is, apart from Barry (I still don't really get why he makes your list) you name players that are long gone. Football has moved on. City have moved on.

Can you name any current players that fit the bill and would get anywhere near our squad?

For the Premier league, Kyle Walker is the template of the player we need. He's tough, durable, physical but controlled, he concentrates for 90 minutes and is mentally composed even when provoked. Plus he's more than competent technically. A couple more like him in the squad, would take the pressure off the others when the games stack up.

We need the whole team to react to these challenges the way Barcelona did under Guardiola when they were getting kicked to bits. Not nice to watch but now I understand why they were so quick to surround the ref and pressure him to send players off.

I think we are seeing that what we have been doing is right. EVERYONE (even the c***s in the media who hate us!) is on our side now, and it is the refs that are being made to look like feckless pricks, not the manager or the players for taking matters into their own hands. Sometimes, it is very hard to do the right thing, but doing it is almost always the correct course of action.

If anything, this latest assault might well be the tipping point that gets us the protection we need to get to the end of the season without having to worry about being hacked to death by all and sundry.

The opposition should have had FOUR red cards in the last THREE games. We are not going to get those back, but this should be the point at which it stops. If not, then we will ALL know what we think we already know...English football is bent in favor of a few select clubs, and we are not considered one of them!

I would pay charlie adam 50 k a week just to come on on 85 mins and nobble any offenders.
I've been thinking that since yesterday, but I had Pepe in mind. They'd come on, mete out the justice, get sent off. They'd only have to do it 2 or 3 times before the penny dropped with the opposition and they stopped doing it and started to play football instead. The refs are useless.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.