Do we need a LB?

Yes we do need badly a solid allround left back. Sell Clichy and buy solid LB. Kolarov atleast offers something going forward, so he would be decent back up.

Clichy just plain useless, can't defend, attack or cross the ball.

Clichy needs to go, we need a better first choice. If you're going to employ a system that relies heavily on mobile attacking fullbacks, you better make damn sure you have good mobile attacking fullbacks.

We need it sorted as soon as possible. Getting the player we want in January might be tough, but if we can't get our long term target then we should look to get someone untill the end of the season, as we cannot go another 6 months with Clichy playing as our "defensive" LB. Pellegrini needs to show more faith in Kolarov as well though, as Clichy is just woeful this year.

Until this season I've not been arsed. They have rotated well and been successful for us. But Clichy has just deteriorated so badly after being defensively rock solid in his first years here. He does not look cut out to play at our level anymore. The problem is quota, we only have 1 spare non-HG spot so without selling anyone, do we use that on a left-back or winger...? I'd definitely keep Kolarov, he has an excellent cross and has some fight in him. I really like Angelino in the academy but I doubt he is anywhere close to ready yet.

LoveCity said:
Until this season I've not been arsed. They have rotated well and been successful for us. But Clichy has just deteriorated so badly after being defensively rock solid in his first years here. He does not look cut out to play at our level anymore. The problem is quota, we only have 1 spare non-HG spot so without selling anyone, do we use that on a left-back or winger...? I'd definitely keep Kolarov, he has an excellent cross and has some fight in him. I really like Angelino in the academy but I doubt he is anywhere close to ready yet.
This was my concern when we signed Willy and Sagna, they felt like a poor use of our non-HG spots that we might of used better elsewhere (a LB and a LW). We need a first choice leftback and there is not a HG one that is good enough imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.