Do we need a LB?

We need a defensively solid option.

Someone who just loves defending, like Azpilicueta. Nothing flashy and doesn't need to play every game but that's what we need.

de niro said:
i♥city! said:
I think we should sell Clichy to PSG. We could get about 6 or 7M from PSG and then go all out for RM's Marcelo.

lol. as if they would take him.

There's the whole problem that Marcelo couldn't defend against Easter Island too

de niro said:
i♥city! said:
I think we should sell Clichy to PSG. We could get about 6 or 7M from PSG and then go all out for RM's Marcelo.

lol. as if they would take him.

It tickles me when people say "We should sell X to Y" as if they'd just take the player. PSG are a better team than us at the moment and certainly better in Europe (unbeaten in four including a 3-2 win over Barca).

PSG have Maxwell, who is old but still a good left-back, and Digne, who along with Kurzawa is the best young left-back in France. If PSG replaced Maxwell, I highly doubt it'd be with Clichy.

If we did want to sell Clichy, it'd probably be to someone like Spurs as I think only English clubs could take on the wages. Or maybe AC Milan on loan with the option to buy...

I don't see us replacing either of our left backs any time soon. Not saying it isn't needed but Clichy has 2 big advantages going for him, firstly his pace in a team that is almost starved of any real speed is invaluable and also the fact he qualifies as homegrown is a huge plus for him. Kolarov has just signed a new deal which would suggest he's not going to be sold any time soon,

Clichy is so bad every time I hear or see his name in the lineup I think that two goals have already been scored because of his dumb mistakes.

What about Christian Ansaldi, buy him cheap from Zenith, he is loaned out to spain, looks like a hard working and both legged back as Zaba, and get Ever Banega when were at it ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.