Do we need another back-up striker?

ifiwasarichfan said:
I would have liked us to have kept either Big Phil, Bojinov or Jo. If as likely Benjani leaves it does only leave us with the 5 main strikers in the squad. Especially Big Phil.

It is however a fantastic looking 5. I would think most clubs would like Bellamy as a fifth choice forward.

I hope if the worst comes to the worst and we have bad luck with injuries we have boys in the Academy who are worth a place in the squad or that Mark Hughes has the tactics in his locker to compensate a shortage in the firepower department.

Failing that we have the January transfer window and we can go Shopping once more.

Wo Hoooo., You just won the bonus prize for mentioning 'January transfer window' or as I like to call it 'City's winter wonderland',since we inherited these bottomless pockets January has become my favorite month!

Oay suppose we do lose a striker to the african cup and a couple get injured we can always go to 4-5-1 and hit them with Robbie and SWP on the wings, we now have telanted height available up front and 5 MF's with two pushing on is a great way to keep it tight, hold possession and hit teams on the break. After that we have loans to call back in and then we have the Jan transfer opportunities to shore up any problems. Albeit, I do concede that it is difficult to prise away players from a team in mid-season BUT with the right numbers involved, anything is possible.

We are sorted this season, I truly deeply believe that we will have a top 3 finish by May. My only dream is that we are above United so that I get to rub a lot of shit into some of the red bastards living around here.

yh ok lets get anouther i spose bellamy,santa cruz,adebayor and tevez AND robinho isnt enough

Well we have a youngster called David Ball in the reserves. I haven't seen anything of him, but have read a lot about him. He scored a shit load of goals in the academy in the year we won the Youth Cup. Played for the reserves last season and by all accounts struggled a bit. However, he has scored 4 goals in 3 friendly games this season. Now I don't expect him to get anywhere near the first team this season, but if the worse happens and most of our stirkers end up on the injury list at the same time, I think it would be worth giving this lad a few games. After all the rags played Macheda and Wellbeck last season, and who had heard of them.

I think that if we fail to fill the slots up front because of injury at any point during this season then the medical team will definately need looking at.

RSC
Tevez
Bellamy
Ade
Robinho

This is the best strike force in the prem, maybe even in the world! Which other team has 5 top class strikers to swap about?

I really can't wait for the season to get started.

I keep refreshing mcfc.co.uk in the hope they have a new video of a city player kicking a ball!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.