Do We Need New Players?

We need Maicon before the world cup because his price will rocket up
id love Ribery he proved his worth against united and is suited for a physical league because he plays in Germany
even though he snubbed us i would have Eto'o he is a prolific goal scorer and what we need if we are going prove our worth in the champions league

TrueBlue123 said:
a left back would be nice but i dont think we need any more players.

with the squad we have i think we can consistantly finish in the top four.

big spending isnt needed - unless were looking to win the premiership

CTID

Left Back
Right Back
Attacking Midfield Player

But above all a geniune world class players that can win games for us - Chelski - Rags & Arse have them

I think we need 5 or 6 if we finish 4th. We have been stretched this season with injuries. Especially in centre mid. If we are pushing for chumps league and the prem we need to have a stronger bench than we have had the last few weeks.
It's great to see some of the kids getting a run out, but you don't want to be relying on them in a chumps league Q final. The rags have suffered this year from not having enough quality strength in depth.
We need a RB and LB. I don't think we have any players good enough for a European cup in either of these positions. 2 x CM one of whom needs to be creative. 1 x winger as Petrov will be going and Bellamy can't play twice a week. 1 x striker as RSC is never going to play enough games. If a real top quality CB comes available we should go for them as Toure is not good enough.

TrueBlue123 said:
a left back would be nice but i dont think we need any more players.

with the squad we have i think we can consistantly finish in the top four.

big spending isnt needed - unless were looking to win the premiership

CTID

with the current team we have i wouldn't gurantee us champions league football for season 2010/2011 even if we made it this season, and we wouldn't even get through the group stages if we did,

we need a right-back, centre-back, creative midfielder, left winger, striker.

ideally, maicon, chilleini, kaka, silva, villa.

Left back:aly cissokho of lyon,wonderful player,quick,young,very strong but what i like about him,is that he can actually defend not like a lot of amazing full backs lke alves or even maicon.

Would cost a lot as lyon bought him for 13m pounds and porto have a 20% sell fee so i would expect them to want at least 20m pounds,but he would be worth it because of his experience and age.

Right winger:i would be so happy if we could bring aaron lennon here as he is the real deal and had he not been injured,i think spurs would have had a much better chance of finishing fourth.

He has it all,pace,trickery and has become a good crosser of the ball which is a thing people used to have against him,his age is also a good thing as is the fact that he is english.

We could give spurs around 20 to 25m pounds + wright phillips who is now out of his depth here,having lennon and johnson battling for the right hand side would only make our team that much more difficult to handle.

Centre back:there are maybe 2 players i want the most and they are chiellini and david luiz,who are no nonsense defenders and are not afraid to get stuck in, i was very impressed with luiz against liverpool,very at his on the ball and a good reader of the game.

Chiellini would bring calmness to the back line alongside vincent who is already a certain starter in my book but with chiellini we would concede far less goals,only problem he would cost in the region of 25 to 30m pounds but i think he would be worth it.

Left winger:di maria or ribery would be superb,especially ribery as he is versatile as well and could deputise on the right or as an attacking mid but he is longing for spain because of the weather.

Di maria kinda didn't impress me by his disappearing act against liverpool but i guess he is young and can certainly get better but what i like about him,is that he is real old fashioned left winger always looking to put cross into the box for the strikers to feed on.

his age is also a very good thing,he is also versatile and a very good finisher as well,only problem benfica might want a little too much for him.

We need to get rid of all the deadwood and the tag alongs.

OUT

SWP
Ireland
Santa Cruz
Garrido
Vieira
Sylvinho
Robinho
Petrov

IN

Top LB
Top CF
Creative CM (We are desperate for one)
Top winger

Do this and we are sorted for next season. :)

Think most of us are in agreement that we need
RB
LB
CB
creative mid
striker

I think the current squad is too thin for CL, as we need plenty of options in all positions. I think buying big names for the above positions and making our current players aware they are there for cover will cause unrest.

Chelsea - Essien, Mikel, Ballack, Deco, Lampard (Cole + Belletti)
Arsenal - Diaby, Fabregas, Song, Denilson, Ramsey (Rosicky + Nasri)
Rags - Hargreaves, Scholes, Fletcher, Carrick, Gibson, Anderson (Giggs + Park)
Spurs - Huddlestone, Palacios, Modric, Jenas, Kranjcar (Bentley, Kaboul and Gudjohnson)

Us - Barry, De Jong, Ireland, Vieira (Zab + Kompany)

We need more numbers and greater variation in central midfield.

Vieira may be off, Ireland - who knows what's going on there.

We need 2 more absolute minimum.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.