Do we need to be more aggressive?

We get enough yellows as it is. Can,t believe it with the amount of possession we have in games . Like today how we got 4 bookings and they only got 2 I don,t know.

gxblue said:
We get enough yellows as it is. Can,t believe it with the amount of possession we have in games . Like today how we got 4 bookings and they only got 2 I don,t know.

Cabaye could of had at least 4 today.

If we get dragged into a free kick-athon it will only help the opposition. It usually suits them if the game is a stop start affair with lots of set pieces. And they'll get home advantage on the refereeing decisions. We'll get the cards.

gxblue said:

Wasn't it 4 bookings for them and 2 for us?

We handled that side of the game well and we had shown enough composure in the second half to get the second goal and the 3 points.

I know plenty of opposition fans who think we are a very aggressive team. Barry used to be called by plenty but we still have Zaba,Vinnie,Alex and that dirty sod who gets loads of bookings called Silva.

East Level 2 said:
We can't become more aggressive when our players are already being booked for minor infringements. Five yellows for Spanish Dave tells you all you need to know about the crap refs and therefore we have to keep our cool.
We were bullied out of it today because Jones lost his nerve after disallowing their goal. We were picking up cards without significant aggression yet they got away with murder.
Perhaps Vincent Tan had other reasons for changing the shirts to red: They attract far fewer cards.
Silva always trips players up or hacks them down when they're about to run off on the break. He's a dirty little bugger is Dave, watch him closely when the opposition have the ball...he's always telling people to fuck off or calling them "puta"s too.

mansour's tow ropes said:
Barcelona didn't become the best team in Europe over the last decade by 'chopping down players'
There's a difference betteen chopping players down (although with your example, did you see Barça last night? Busquets and Mascherano were a joke, fouling all game! Plus Barça are a different kind of snide - they just dive constantly to gain an advantage!) and being brave in possession and aggressive with movement and passing.

We're very good at it at home. We play a more meek game away. As the game wore on today we did get more and more aggressive. Just a spell from around the 20minute mark onwards where we panicked in possession and allowed Newcastle to start dominating us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.