Do we need to be more aggressive?

Who gives a flying f**k? I'm actually quite glad we didn't get more aggressive. We kept our heads and saw the game out.

We won. End of.

We don't need to be a team of tough guys because we let our football do the talking.

Having said that, we are certainly not a team of fancy dan mard arse's.

Zabs, Kompany,Negredo, Dzeko, Fernandinho,Lescott can all dish it out when they need to.

Nasri very often has a sly,nasty little dig and Silva has been taking tackling lessons from the Ginger pig, Scholes judging from the amount of bookings he has had.

The toughest of the lot is Kolorov. Last season in the disaster away at Southampton, even though it was to late to save the game; the second he came on the Saints players stopped giving us the run around because he was putting himself about.

No is the short answer.
We have a good balance in the squad, lads with good character who are hard but fair like Zabba, Vinny and Aleks (motm yesterday ?). We dont need to cheat like the Young, Wellbeck, (the rags default attacking plan these days, when their insipid midfield fails to create any proper chances from open play) Suarez and Sterling or resort to thuggery like Adam, Cattermole, Mbiwa etc.

We just need to play better than today .... even then Newcastle only had one real chance and that was from Vinny and Demi miscommunication. We were sloppy as fuck but still carried all the threat, just gutting that Samir got done like that, or it would've been a pleasing day all round.

Just been thinking earlier that Im so proud of how our team conduct themselves. Very strong, compose and skillfull. Aggressive in the right way, put a challenge our way and our team will deal with it... we have every component in our team to deal with every situation and that is something new to our way of dealing with things. We have a very high belief in ourselves this season thats new to our attitude... And I like this!!! ALOT!!!

like yesterday, it was a very tough game in many ways, a very hostile enviroment with their fans screaming themselves silly, newcastle players trying to bully us around and being very physical and with a lots of energy... how did we deal with that? well we soaked it up, didnt let them get into our heads, just stood up and dealt with the challenge, everyone of our players stood up and was counted... immensly proud of that. It shows me a lot of team spirit, belief and hardened heart not to be swayed by whats being thrown at us.

Been thinking this for some time now, I used to be very "nervous" before certain kind of matches and at certain grounds where we used to struggle but this season something is different and I can more enjoy the football and the skills we have and the way we play since Im very confident in that we will not be pushed around, or bullied or crumble but react accordingly to what happens on the pitch. We can fight for the points, we can outmanouver most that is thrown at us and we always have more then one way to get the goals that will give us the three points.

Onwards and upwards... Im really looking forward to what this spring will bring!!

Plaything of the gods said:
Fouling teams are going to foul. We need to be assertive, not aggressive. Crisp, clean tackles (like Kolarov's in the box!) and fast, accurate passing (really off yesterday - compared to midweek!)

Got to credit Newcastle for getting amongst us,their aggression (though ott) at times was partly the reason our passing game was below par.
Toure looked knackered from the start,going to Africa for a few days wouldn't have been a help.
We missed his power,it was almost like the toon players grew into the game when they realised Toure was struggling.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.