Do we need to be more aggressive?

Not so much more aggression just the extra man in midfield would help a lot from the start in these tougher away games. 2 up front is a big gamble against the better teams away from home.

This is an interesting thread, like most fans I love watching the so-called "hard men" of the game, as long as they're ours.

This city side is anything but soft, in fact I can't remember a physically stronger team, but I think the days of "retribution" on the pitch are gone forever. I was crying out for Zabba or Vinny to do Yanga-mbiwa after what he did to Nasri but it was never going to happen. Would anyone really want Gerry Gow back in place of Fernandinho, say?

In the cold light of day, Newcastle can never match us in ability so if the game had descended into a tit for tat battle it would have played into their hands. They had a go though, and as mentioned the amount of misplaced passes suggests that we were slightly rattled. Still, we kept it together, 10 in a row now geordies:-)

I think the players will take a lot out of the game, we can't play fantasy football every week. I just hope Samir is back soon.

no we do not need more aggression , we are very competitive team , zabs,yaya,kolarov,hart,vinny,negredo,aguero can all look after themselves .We have gone onto to a different level , we play divine football , with controlled aggression , where as the barcodes lost their heads , and basically tried to kick us off the park , and lost.

The. Whole club lost their heads, but for me the nasri tackle was premeditated, pardew is disgrace, the more we didn't react the worse they got

You either win the league by kicking teams up in the air like Leeds did in the 70's or you do it with style, finesse and a huge amount of skill.

We won it in 36/7 by piling in the goals. Ditto 67/8. Two years ago we played fluent, attacking passing football which was a joy to watch and took the league by storm. This year we're surpassing even that.

Or we could start hoofing teams up in the air, resorting to a five-man midfield and bullying teams.

Viva Pellegrini!

JOGAMIGMOG said:
You either win the league by kicking teams up in the air like Leeds did in the 70's or you do it with style, finesse and a huge amount of skill.

We won it in 36/7 by piling in the goals. Ditto 67/8. Two years ago we played fluent, attacking passing football which was a joy to watch and took the league by storm. This year we're surpassing even that.

Or we could start hoofing teams up in the air, resorting to a five-man midfield and bullying teams.

Viva Pellegrini!

Well said, but "super leeds" from the 70's would finish every game today with about 8 men.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.