Do we play good football?

I see a scenario where Kelechi leaves, Nolito too, Sanchez comes in, we keep Aguero, AND THEN we go and sign A N Other forward player. The numbers work fine and you can afford to go a season being top heavy. Originally I thought it'd be an out and out back up like Llorente, now I think it'll be someone of the level of the other players.

At the very least, I think Nacho needs to go out on loan. Nolito needs to be replaced (by Sanchez). A high level replacement for Nacho would be spectacular but we'd certainly be top heavy then. Potentially, there's also Navas to replace as a winger (happy to keep him as back-up RB) but I suppose that could be Roberts?

Centre-mid to replace Yaya. He should have been replaced 2 seasons ago, but very difficult to find someone like that. Fernandinho also getting old so this is becoming a priority.

The return of Gundogan will be like having a new player in those positions ... Here's hoping he comes back to good form.

Yes we play very good football - said it all season and some of last - we need to be more ruthless in front of Goal - I'd like to see the % stats of
- Goals per chances created
- On Target from Chances created
- Goals from on Target

I still believe we would have pissed the league this year if we even took half our chances. There has not been one game where I have walked away and thought "fuck we got hammered" even Spurs & Leicester away we had enough chances to not lose.

Bleeding frustrating the amount of chances we have squandered this season

Yes we play very good football - said it all season and some of last - we need to be more ruthless in front of Goal - I'd like to see the % stats of
- Goals per chances created
- On Target from Chances created
- Goals from on Target

I still believe we would have pissed the league this year if we even took half our chances. There has not been one game where I have walked away and thought "fuck we got hammered" even Spurs & Leicester away we had enough chances to not lose.

Bleeding frustrating the amount of chances we have squandered this season

70 Goals from 580 attempts = 12.07% (best Chelsea with 14.91%)

From the 580 attempts 193 on target = 33.28% (best from Big 6 is Spurs with 36.72%

70 goals from 193 on target = 36.27% ( best Chelsea 41.14%)

------------------------------
More significant is xG which is a better measure of the quality of chances. This was what Pep was alluding to in his pressers at the weekend.

Our xG for the season is the best in the league. Simply we have created more than any other team in the league meaning we have created the best chances. For example, before the weekend, statistically we should have scored 15 more goals than Chelsea yet they have actually scored 2 more than us.

We do play good football. I don't think there's any question of that. Is it entertaining? Sometimes. I'm not disparaging Pep or the players here, by definition we play the game the beautiful way. But I can honestly say hand on heart I can get as much enjoyment from a low-quality blood and thunder game as I can from a game played technically brilliantly.

The trouble these days is the blood and thunder games are rare as are games where teams have ago at each other. Its the nature of the league right now that its a 'must not lose' policy rather than a 'must win' for 90% of the teams.

70 Goals from 580 attempts = 12.07% (best Chelsea with 14.91%)

From the 580 attempts 193 on target = 33.28% (best from Big 6 is Spurs with 36.72%

70 goals from 193 on target = 36.27% ( best Chelsea 41.14%)

------------------------------
More significant is xG which is a better measure of the quality of chances. This was what Pep was alluding to in his pressers at the weekend.

Our xG for the season is the best in the league. Simply we have created more than any other team in the league meaning we have created the best chances. For example, before the weekend, statistically we should have scored 15 more goals than Chelsea yet they have actually scored 2 more than us.

What is xG ? I've seen it used/referenced loads but got no idea what it actually is!

Could there be a chance we keep Aguero & get Mbappe?

I see a scenario where Kelechi leaves, Nolito too, Sanchez comes in, we keep Aguero, AND THEN we go and sign A N Other forward player. The numbers work fine and you can afford to go a season being top heavy. Originally I thought it'd be an out and out back up like Llorente, now I think it'll be someone of the level of the other players.

Cheers mate.
It's basically a better metrics than the same old boring stuff that is shot/shots on target & stuff, but nonetheless it's just a metrics that won't ever give you any idea of the game that has been going on. Anyways, it gives you much better insight than any shots-based stuff. But for more info, you obviously just read the documentation about it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.