Do we play good football?

I don't think a few of the posters on this thread understand the reasons why we pass the ball so much but it's just ignorance. It's a typical British modern day mentality of wanting everything but not being prepared to work for it, hoping that luck rather than hard work does the trick. That's why our national team is fucking shite and we have so many bellends who just want us to lump it forward at every opportunity.

It's like some people are so scared to lose what they have it stops them progressing and actually trying to improve, just because short term results don't look quite so good.
Correct,some still using talksport terms like get rid,jockey and into the channels.

I was genuinely surprised to find myself bored at the way we were playing in the last few months of Pellegrini's tenure. This season? Never. Well, maybe against the rags, but who's fault was that? (Is this the most boring rag team we've seen in our lifetimes?)
We were, at times, scintillating on Saturday. And virtually every goal was a superb strike. Perhaps the first can be put down to a weak clearance by their defender. We get that defence sorted in the close season, we will be unstoppable.
And yes, I was often up out of my seat (and incidentally, I've never been told to sit down by an officious steward, neither has anyone that I've seen around me, so I don't know which part of the ground that happens in, but not in my block. Obviously, you don't hang around, and you sit back down again fairly smartly, because you're blocking someone's view).

We just need the right players for Guardiola, and if that means shipping Aguero out, so be it..

If anyone thinks we are 'boring', 'pedestrian' and needs to question if we 'play good football' .... Just watch half an hour of the rags, for a team that fits all those descriptions.

Always nice to see someone with a different view allowed to post without a posse of mods ganging up and belittling the poster...

Let me clarify the situation.

Pep came into this club as some sort of saviour, the best manager in the world. Every City fan, including me, were very happy that he came. He has elevated our club to another level, a level that the owners demanded.

Since they came into being our club has gone from strength to strength, with our player base getting better and our managers the same. I think that when Pep gets the players he wants then we will dominate the league for a few years at the very least. But...

This season's football has slipped against his high standards. This is due to a number of things, injuries, ageing back line, poor goalie choices etc etc. Winning 5-0 is great. A clean sheet, Vinnie gets a good goal, Silva and KDB play well and we have brilliant movement across the pitch, albeit against a very poor Palace side, but if you think that the first half was an exciting game of football then I must have watched a different game. At times it was pedestrian, to me to you football. It's great for stats but not good to watch. The crowd gets bored, the game then goes a little flat, the singing stops and 1-0 up after 6 minutes suddenly seems a long time ago.

I preferred Mancini's way of playing football. That's it. The nub. At times it was dull as well but I don't remember as many dull moments. The team also had characters in it. This one doesn't. As with all Pep's teams, professional. Do the job. Pass, pass and pass again...

I have put my finger on it. We are treading water. Waiting for the season to end before some old stalwarts are quietly moved on and the young blood comes in.

I still find it, at times, dull. There I said it.

Sorry if my opinion differs from everyone else's.
Nowt up with what you've said for me.

If anyone thinks we are 'boring', 'pedestrian' and needs to question if we 'play good football' .... Just watch half an hour of the rags, for a team that fits all those descriptions.

I can't get my head around what barometer some people are using. It's little wonder they've been ridiculed. This season may not have been the best but anyone who watches PL football outside of City will know we're arguably along with Liverpool and Spurs the most entertaining side in the league. The fact that one of them namechecked Roberto "budget Mourinho" Mancini as being a better manager who's side played better football just shows the depths being plumbed.

Truth is I think it's "cool" amongst some children to slag Pep off. Talksport like mentality but each to their own I guess.

I can't get my head around what barometer some people are using. It's little wonder they've been ridiculed. This season may not have been the best but anyone who watches PL football outside of City will know we're arguably along with Liverpool and Spurs the most entertaining side in the league. The fact that one of them namechecked Roberto "budget Mourinho" Mancini as being a better manager who's side played better football just shows the depths being plumbed.

Truth is I think it's "cool" amongst some children to slag Pep off. Talksport like mentality but each to their own I guess.

I mentioned in another response to you yesterday that I don't watch much of other teams at the moment but when I do, I don't see much evidence of other English teams playing better football. Our biggest problem is that we seem to bring out the worst in opponents, who just love to try and shut up shop. Look at the games we got when Barca and Monaco came to town.

If we buy some of the players that we are heavily linked with and Sane, Jesus and Sterling develop as hoped, we may well be comfortably ranked among the top three most entertaining sides in Europe.

And, BTW, we are in with a decent shout of being the Premier League's top scorers yet again; especially if we can maintain Saturday's form for three more games.

I mentioned in another response to you yesterday that I don't watch much of other teams at the moment but when I do, I don't see much evidence of other English teams playing better football. Our biggest problem is that we seem to bring out the worst in opponents, who just love to try and shut up shop. Look at the games we got when Barca and Monaco came to town.

If we buy some of the players that we are heavily linked with and Sane, Jesus and Sterling develop as hoped, we may well be comfortably ranked among the top three most entertaining sides in Europe.

And, BTW, we are in with a decent shout of being the Premier League's top scorers yet again; especially if we can maintain Saturday's form for three more games.

I've seen almost everyone play this season. Most teams at least two or three times. It's like watching paint dry most of the time. The lack of ability, ambition, etc is just pitiful. You're spot on also about the way teams come to 'play dead' against us. It's a tactic they've gotten away with this season because of our poor finishing and the limitations in the squad. My bet we'll hand out some tonkings early doors next season to some parked buses and then the league's tactical genius's will have to figure out a different way to try and stop our side.

I think that was me. I didn't say he was a better manager I just said I enjoyed the football more. We attacked with a bit more passion under him than we do at the moment. Of course I'm excited for next season because I think that with a few more players this team will be brilliant to watch and get results. At the moment it's in fits and spurts. It's also nice that you think I'm cool. Thanks for that. Oh wait...you also called me a child. Same old Billy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.