Do you believe in hitting kids?

LOl me new age ,i can assure im not grew up in Wythenshawe went to brookway, first job on civic market,from a very working class family with working class views.I just dont believe it is right to hit your kids ,i was hit regular as a child , got the strap at school got beaten round the head of a teacher Mr gobbit was his name a right bastard.Got various beatings from my Dad , i just dont believe that it did me any good ,i have managed to bring my kids knowing right from wrong without hitting them or giving them cause to fear me.If you had a choice witch one would you choose.<br /><br />-- Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:23 pm --<br /><br />LOl me new age ,i can assure im not grew up in Wythenshawe went to brookway, first job on civic market,from a very working class family with working class views.I just dont believe it is right to hit your kids ,i was hit regular as a child , got the strap at school got beaten round the head of a teacher Mr gobbit was his name a right bastard.Got various beatings from my Dad , i just dont believe that it did me any good ,i have managed to bring my kids knowing right from wrong without hitting them or giving them cause to fear me.If you had a choice witch one would you choose.

I've only read the first 2 pages, but if it was on video that my kid was acting like that I'd kick fuck out of him.

He wouldn't do it again.

deynaskaz said:
LOl me new age ,i can assure im not grew up in Wythenshawe went to brookway, first job on civic market,from a very working class family with working class views.I just dont believe it is right to hit your kids ,i was hit regular as a child , got the strap at school got beaten round the head of a teacher Mr gobbit was his name a right bastard.Got various beatings from my Dad , i just dont believe that it did me any good ,i have managed to bring my kids knowing right from wrong without hitting them or giving them cause to fear me.If you had a choice witch one would you choose.

-- Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:23 pm --

LOl me new age ,i can assure im not grew up in Wythenshawe went to brookway, first job on civic market,from a very working class family with working class views.I just dont believe it is right to hit your kids ,i was hit regular as a child , got the strap at school got beaten round the head of a teacher Mr gobbit was his name a right bastard.Got various beatings from my Dad , i just dont believe that it did me any good ,i have managed to bring my kids knowing right from wrong without hitting them or giving them cause to fear me.If you had a choice witch one would you choose.
Obviously going to Brookway didn't do you any good either. It's which, not witch.
No wonder Mr Gobbit gave you a good hiding. :-)

Laurent Charvet said:
If you do it properly... there's no need.

spgapx.jpg
If only "properly" was something we all knew how to do.

anymore than 2sheiks said:
deynaskaz said:
prairiemoon said:
Children must be taught consequences for their actions and personal responsibility for those consequences.

I have spanked my children. I feel nothing but regret for having done so.

There should be consequences ,but if that means a reason for inflicting pain on your children then that is wrong,a consequence could be grounded or banned from any techo equipment for a week,eg phone playstation i pod.I was hit as a child and i remember it to this day,it didnt help me ,my children are fantastic and well behaved with great sense of humour and confidence , hitting children is a knee jerk reaction and is used when there is underlying issues with the parent,eg low self esteem life pressure both of which are not the childs fault.
So every parent who has smacked their kids for being naughty or doing something dangerous or disrespectful comes under this sweeping generalisation? Try taking the phone or laptop off a 14/15 year old and grounding them. They don't just sit on the naughty step feeling remorse for upsetting you, they just kick up shit for hours.
I can't imagine physically punishing a kid of that age. My oldest is just reaching 12. A stern lecture, on the rare occasion, is more than adequate.

HITTING CHILDREN DOES NOT WORK. IT DOES NOT STOP BAD BEHAVIOR. DISCIPLINE NEEDS TO BE CONSISTENT FROM AN EARLY AGE OR IT DOES NOT WORK.

Nothing to do with being new age or a hippy or soft, just a common sense approach that regular,consistent messages get through to kids.

and if we are lucky, some adults.

LittleStan said:
HITTING CHILDREN DOES NOT WORK. IT DOES NOT STOP BAD BEHAVIOR. DISCIPLINE NEEDS TO BE CONSISTENT FROM AN EARLY AGE OR IT DOES NOT WORK.

Nothing to do with being new age or a hippy or soft, just a common sense approach that regular,consistent messages get through to kids.

This I agree with!

What I can't stand is parents saying to there child dont do that don't do that don't do that DON'T DO THAT!!! All the time while sat on there arse! You say it ONCE and if they don't stop, get of your arse and stop em from doing what they shouldn't be doing! If you do this every time they will get the message

LittleStan said:

Fucking nonsense of the highest order. 3 warnings then slap the little fuckers.
"That's wrong dont do that"
"I have told you, don't do that it is wrong"
"That is your last warning, any more you will get a slap"

*slap

wrong stops

talkativesprout said:
LittleStan said:

Fucking nonsense of the highest order. 3 warnings then slap the little fuckers.
"That's wrong dont do that"
"I have told you, don't do that it is wrong"
"That is your last warning, any more you will get a slap"

*slap

wrong stops

Violence does not solve anything, violence with kids does not explain what they have done wrong.

Your scenario above teaches them to lash out if somebody does not do what they want.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.