Do you believe in Hughes ability to succeed here?

Yes. His transfer record is the clincher for me: every player (except maybe TBH!!) was brought in to remedy a defect in the team, according to logic and good sense. Further, each player is a good player who should get better in the future or at the least provide several years' good service. The common features are:
-Technique
-Determination
-Athleticism

Those qualities are what you need to mould a winning team, so on that basis I think he'll be successful for several years. I should say it's not a case of 'belief' or 'faith' in his ability, but rather a reasoned analysis. On that front I agree with mammutly that it's subject to change over the remainder of the season.

I was on the fence as regards mark huges for quite a while,and then i fell off after the portsmouth game and decided that he was not the manager to take our club forward,but since then i have had a change of heart,we all know that the away form is still dire,but we might get something yet from the few remaining away games (and maybe a euro' trophy ) with player's coming back from injury,so i'am starting to think that we should all look forward to next season with high hopes.The player's he has already brought in have been excellent,and with a few additions in the close season,i really think we will be right up there,lets face it one season for hughes to get things right is asking a bit much,so i'am back on the fence and saying give him at least another season,after that,well let's just see.

Pam said:
I just wish we had a better team, for all the accolades heaped on the individual buys, it would be nice if we hadn't been involved in so many woeful performances this season. I think people miss the big picture sometimes.
Interesting comment. It is close to being hypocritical, you state woeful performances, then talk about the big picture. odd. surely progressing in UEFA, and a possible 7-8th spot is progressing considering the changes that have occurred at the club, both in training and personnel (especially with the number of injuries we have had this season). There are signs of the team gelling and becoming a more consistent and comprehensive unit, and the new arrivals are starting to fit into the league and with their new team; is that not the big picture (as opposed to what occurs week-in and week-out)

yes

i dont expect us to get any further in the UEFA cup as i think Hamburg will be a step to far ror us at this point in our development.

i think we wil finish 8th-10th.......think the others around us will just get ahead of us due to our away form.

however i believe in time MH will do a decent job for us.......but he needs to be given that time....he will get it from the owner/chairman but im not sure that some of our fans will....and lets not kid ourselves here...some of them are basing it on him playing for utd in the past.......

the football we have played this season has been as good if not better than it was under sven on the whole.......

i dont think many people factor into the progress thing that other teams have seriously progressed as well .....especially the likes of villa as they have had stability.....

chopping and changing managers will get us nowhere

the key work here is patience!.....if we dont have this the lack of progress will be down to the fans not the club

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.