Do you believe in Hughes ability to succeed here?

Yes.

You have to give the man credit for turning a seemingly disinterested squad and some shockingly disinterested players around, and getting them to start playing to their ability more and more. We arent there yet consistency wise, but only the most ardent of Hughes haters will deny that the signs look good.

Couple that with some excellent forays into the market, and we have the beginnings of a superb squad, and many years of success.

Said it before and I'll say it again, Rome? Not built in a day.

I was firmly anti-hughes for most of the season, but am now starting to see some light at the end of a very dark tunnel. His signings have been very good and our home form is great. The away form needs to get sorted, but think thats partly a metal attitude now, having gone all season with just the 1 win. He will be here next season whether we like it or not, so lets get behind him and support the full team including coaches. He is looking far more animated at pitch side now and the passion of being a blue has taken its grip on him

Hughsey - Hughsey - Hughsey

Shooter 83 said:
Like he said at the fans forum he has had alot of work to do behind the sceans thats gone unoticed.

I think it is perhaps the behind the scenes work that is being done that has kept him in the job. Cook, Mansour and Khaldoon obviously support what Hughes is doing there and will no doubt expect to see the fruit of it on the pitch.

However without performing a complete u-turn perhaps the reason most of it goes unnoticed is that noone tells us about it. Other than hearing about a new office block, training like bayern and barca (but without giving us any details) and a new gym what else has he done behind the scenes? I understand there is a project but unless I've missed something important I'm still not 100% sure of what that is and what exactly we are doing to achieve it.

Having said that I agree with project. we need someone who is going to cut some fat and instead of blaming Hughes for not signing the worlds best players we need to be resigned to the fact that a) we havent won anything of significance for a looooooong time b) we are not in London. The squad will need to be improved incrementally unless something crazy like the Robinho situation occurs again 11 times or a player really wants to gamble on us. Will Hughes win us the prem (dunno) will he improve the squad (definately)

i have not been impressed with him this season and do not really like the guy tbh. but there is no doubt in my mind that he has to stay for the long run. we need stable management and he will come good in the end

I think the see saw is finely balanced as regards popular opinion.

There are a few extremist fools who say keep him or sack him whatever, but the reality is that results over the rest of this season will significantly sway things for or against Mark Hughes.

Much depends on Uefa, but a poor run in league wise would bring his future into doubt, just as much as a strong finish would strengthen it.

If we go out of the Uefa cup and finish 10th or lower in the league, then Hughes' first season has been a failure and I think there would be little to inspire any hope that next year will be any better.

If we win Uefa (or reach the final), and/or if we get 7th place in the league, then arguably he has made a case for being given another run at it next season.

No matter what happens, in the uefa cup or in the remainder of the league season, Hughes has to be kept, He brought in excellent players, SWP, Kompany, De Jong, Zabaleta, Bellamy ect... He's a good manger and he needs time.

C_T_I_D said:
As above really and it's a question I have been asking myself, just wanted your thoughts on it.

I never really liked him at Blackburn, but he done really well with Wales in making them an hard team to beat. There's a part of me not buying into this manager but I don't know why. It's not because of him playing for the rags, I'm not old enough to remember that. And I'm wondering whether it's because of my lack in belief of his ability to succeed here. Istanbul, Istanbul are we really coming? Think we'll need more than prayers! But nonetheless he's doing alright here, quarter finals of UEFA Cup and chance to finish 7th to 9th which would be a fairly good achievement given the start he had.

But belief for the season of 2009 / 2010? Part of me wants stability and to see how he does, but another part of me wonders whether we'd just stand still and not do any better than the previous season.

Rather than making this a slagging off Hughes thread, please can we be reasonable and have a decent debate about it for a change? Cheers.

i agree with most of what you wrote, i want stability, i like most of the players m.h. has bought, i think he needs times for the team to get used to his playing methods and tactic, these thing dont come over night, e.g. bacon face at old twatford.
the dialema is do we stick with a manger who i would like to succeed but am not sure whether hes up to the job or not.
when we might miss out on the most obnoxious arrogant twat in football, who i think could do the job, which is to make us a respected successful club that can contest all the major trophies.

its a hard decision glad this one isnt mine to make ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.