Do you believe in love?

mackenzie said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
I absoultely believe in love but I take exception to it being reduced to a simple boy/girl, lovehearts and cuddly teddy bears bullshit.

Love is all.

It's much more than "falling in love" isn't it?

It's about steadfast loyalty and getting through the bad times, self sacrifice and selflessness.

There does have to balance in a relationship though. If all you do is compromise, then I'd say that isn't shared love.

Love is not just a feeling, it's a verb. You have to do it , and if you can do it properly then you deserve it back in some way.. It's not all about self sacrifice.

of course love is about bad and good, accepting and sacrificing

but if that all love is, then that isn't enough for me

i need passion and spontaneity to go along with that

it's not to much to ask.

mammutly said:
mackenzie said:
It's much more than "falling in love" isn't it?

It's about steadfast loyalty and getting through the bad times, self sacrifice and selflessness.

There does have to balance in a relationship though. If all you do is compromise, then I'd say that isn't shared love.

Love is not just a feeling, it's a verb. You have to do it , and if you can do it properly then you deserve it back in some way.. It's not all about self sacrifice.

Children are about self sacrifice, although I take on board the suggestion that at some point there should be a meeting halfway with most connections where the word "love" could be applied.

mammutly said:
nashark said:
No wonder BM has purportedly peaked with threads like this. Less socially aware people might term this thread "gay".

Actually gay people are often more emotionally articulate in my experience.
In my experience I'd say they're more emotionally immature...

mammutly said:
tueartsboots said:
You can love God

yes.

you can love completely without complete understanding ( line stolen from A River Runs Through It)

God is love.

We already have a word for "love". Guess what? that word is ..."love". Besides I thought God was a Jedi-esque "all-encompassing force" (minus the midichlorians, of course)?

Emotions, whether they be love, hate, or whatever, exist. We see evidence of these emotions all the time. Also scientists have found that the same chemical process that occurs with addiction also takes place when someone falls in love.

If that's not compelling enough for you I challenge you to argue with this:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQz7A9uXPLg[/youtube]

mammutly said:
mcfcnorthstand said:
Love is an act of endless forgiveness, a tender look which becomes a habit

Love is like a violin. The music may stop now and then, but the strings remain forever

To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering one must not love. But then one suffers from not loving. Therefore to love is to suffer, not to love is to suffer. To suffer is to suffer. To be happy is to love. To be happy then is to suffer. But suffering makes one unhappy. Therefore, to be unhappy one must love, or love to suffer, or suffer from too much happiness. I hope you're getting this down

I love City so yes I believe in love.

Loved it so much I suffered a second reading and loved it even more!

very good!

;-)

I do me best :o)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.