Do you care about being considered a 'big' team?

Don't care about what the poor jealous and bitter morons say...it's not even up for discussion anymore. City have become a huge club over recent years all over the world...our social media following is also massive...yes you heard that word correctly...massive haha!!!.

There's only three fan bases that give a shit about being a big club. That's Liverpool, United and Arsenal. When their club legends speak they are quick to point out that they're a big club. Their fans believe it's their god given right to be successful. That such things should be awarded by historical right and not on merit. To prove the point Tony Adams did it yesterday like it means something. It doesn't mean anything.

Then they turn around and void their statement with their own bullshit. Adams claimed yesterday Arsenal spent £200 million to compete with us, which is a moronic statement, and they've spent a lot more then that when you research it. Is it poor little Arsenal competing against big bad City? Or are Arsenal the big club spending like a big club? They can't be both. But they'll gladly play into both narratives to suit themselves.

As for City being a big club it means nothing to me. I support Manchester City cause I love the club not cause they are big, small or whatever. Success comes and goes but my love for City doesn't. The size and the success of the club won't change it.
Wish I had written that. Bravo!!!!

If we were still in the Championship i would still be health willing attending games , being a big club was never considered when my Dad took me to my first game in 1965 , ive witnessed highs , the 1968-76 period , the lows 80's , 90's etc , and now more highs , genuine football fans who are born locally to their club are not swayed by success. The gloryhunters will hang around whilst we are hoovering up trophies and will invariably move on to the next big thing when our cycle of success ends , its the world of the modern football all glamour and glitz.
But if the we did get relegated because of these agenda driven charges we will still have a 35-40,000 hardcore support from our locally based supporters , and it would attract fans who have been priced out and replaced with the day trippers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.