Do you care about being considered a 'big' team?

I remember a Rangers fan saying they were a proper big club because they sold 43,000 season tickets, the same year we sold errrrr 43,000 season tickets, he just would not accept it. Media indoctrination
They also claim to be the most successful club in the world. And some of them believe it. Fucking deluded. We are now level with having kicked their arses for the last 25 years. We won’t claim that, but they are already panicking about losing something that never was. A bit like The Rangers are Coming. Bless.

They also claim to be the most successful club in the world. And some of them believe it. Fucking deluded. We are now level with having kicked their arses for the last 25 years. We won’t claim that, but they are already panicking about losing something that never was. A bit like The Rangers are Coming. Bless.

In this country you are not considered a big club unless you have finished 8th and not won your own league in over a decade.

In this country you are not considered a big club unless you have finished 8th and not won your own league in over a decade.
That's all very well, but are they, coming? Do they appoint a Messiah every 18 months who will sweep you aside? Is every player they sign lauded as a genius and will take your league by storm? Are they the most successful club in football? The Rags aren’t in the same bracket as those deluded cunts. :)

Not one bit. I used to love it when we were shit and you’d be in some foreign land and got that where are you from question and you’d tell them and they always said “ahhh Manchester United” The pride I had in telling them who I supported was immense and of course i’d educate them in telling them that City fans were from Manchester and that United fans were from Dublin , Africa and Torquay.
With a Blackpool mate in a taxi in Plymouth in the early 90s. Driver said he had no interest in Argyle but was in the Torbay Man Utd supporters club. Well aren't you a sad bastard said my Blackpool mate. What said the Devonian you don't like Man U, no said I we f*****g hate them. He looked like he would burst into tears, think he thought everyone supports United a bit.

There's only three fan bases that give a shit about being a big club. That's Liverpool, United and Arsenal. When their club legends speak they are quick to point out that they're a big club. Their fans believe it's their god given right to be successful. That such things should be awarded by historical right and not on merit. To prove the point Tony Adams did it yesterday like it means something. It doesn't mean anything.

Then they turn around and void their statement with their own bullshit. Adams claimed yesterday Arsenal spent £200 million to compete with us, which is a moronic statement, and they've spent a lot more then that when you research it. Is it poor little Arsenal competing against big bad City? Or are Arsenal the big club spending like a big club? They can't be both. But they'll gladly play into both narratives to suit themselves.

As for City being a big club it means nothing to me. I support Manchester City cause I love the club not cause they are big, small or whatever. Success comes and goes but my love for City doesn't. The size and the success of the club won't change it.

The clubs that pride themselves on being "the biggest in the world" are always the ones that feel most jealous and insecure of everyone else, as though being the biggest makes them the best forever and ever. I went to a United home game when they were under Moyes many years ago and ahead of every single tannoy announcement there was a reminder that "You're at the home of the biggest club in the world, Manchester United". They were 7th in the Premier League table. I couldn't give a toss how big or small City are, we are who we are and I'll still follow us regardless of what division we're in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.