Do you celebrate a goal immediately or wait incase VAR rules it out?

I don't celebrate goals as there's no point, the dissapointment if VAR rules against it is too much at my stage in my life. I'd rather view it as, thats there's a chance, we've scored a goal.

Watching on TV its easy, we potentially score a goal, I go upstairs for a slash, then grab another beer and maybe after all that I'll know one way or the other.

I find the VAR in Europe better than the VAR crooks in the Premier League thats for sure.

It's modern football and it is what it is.

Like many others, I have been scarred by Spurs at home. We went fucking mental - remember being clambered over on seats by fans - just to see the VAR screen. I've never felt such a noticeable depletion inside a ground as that moment.

Since then, unless it's absolutely obvious that it can't be ruled out then it's usually my first post-celebration thought.
Mine too sadly...

It's modern football and it is what it is.

I beg to differ. I am — I suppose like you — not a technician in some bunker. Some of my most passionate moments in life have been lived on the terraces.

I'm outraged by the degree to which the game's been stolen from me.

It is what it should not be. There might be some place for VAR in the modern game, but most definitely not as it's been used in the past three seasons. We, the supporters, are what bring the sound and the fury to the game — even the players admit it — not some bureaucrat getting a computer to draw lines across a screen that seem to demonstrate that someone's right testicle was in front of the last defender.

If it's an absolute screamer I yell them cut my self short. Everything else I just sit on my hands and wait. Thank you for wrecking my one outlet from this turgid life you absolute wnk stains who support VAR!!!

The ultimate stupidity of VAR: our game against the dippers in July 2020. We won that game 5-0 and till the end of time I shall be saying that. They can put me in front of a firing squad and it is the last thing I shall shout at them before the bullets hit.
VAR chalked off the fifth goal because Phil Foden had just been fouled by a Liverpool player. As he was on the ground, the ball brushed his arm!! Didn't change the trajectory, didn't help it on. No, it just brushed his arm on the way through to Mahrez. City were in effect punished for Phil having allowed himself to be fouled.
Neither the ref nor the linesmen had seen it, and quite rightly too, because human intelligence eliminates that kind of thing selectively as being entirely irrelevant to the flow of play.

You could not possibly make this shit up.

The ultimate stupidity of VAR: our game against the dippers in July 2020. We won that game 5-0 and till the end of time I shall be saying that. They can put me in front of a firing squad and it is the last thing I shall shout at them before the bullets hit.
VAR chalked off the fifth goal because Phil Foden had just been fouled by a Liverpool player. As he was on the ground, the ball brushed his arm!! Didn't change the trajectory, didn't help it on. No, it just brushed his arm on the way through to Mahrez. City were in effect punished for Phil having allowed himself to be fouled.
Neither the ref nor the linesmen had seen it, and quite rightly too, because human intelligence eliminates that kind of thing selectively as being entirely irrelevant to the flow of play.

You could not possibly make this shit up.
That was 80/1 5-0, there wasn't even proof it hit his arm shown seen as balls bobble and bounce and no floor angel.

Then you get a defender patting the ball when the keeper has caught it and a penalty has never been given for it.

For years I had always been in the habit of looking over at the linesman to make sure there isn’t a flag, now all bets are off, when Rodders unleashed that howitzer last weekend I jumped up but wasn’t 100% sure until the game kicked off again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.