Do you celebrate a goal immediately or wait incase VAR rules it out?

Depends on the type of goal , a 25 yard screamer in the top corner then i do allow a polite round of applause , anything else involving a crowded penalty area or a cross into the box , or if we are playing the Dippers at Klamfield then i reign in any celebration. Appreciate why VAR was brought in , to get the right decisions , but it doesnt work when you still have a knobhead 100 miles away wearing his Rag/Dipper (following the PGMOL and Premier league directive that the 'istree clubs are good for the brand when they win the title) replica shirt watching a screen making the same errors /dodgy decisions referees have made for decades.
Would get rid of VAR , goal line technology tomorrow , human error and bias has always been part and parcel of the game.

I beg to differ. I am — I suppose like you — not a technician in some bunker. Some of my most passionate moments in life have been lived on the terraces.

I'm outraged by the degree to which the game's been stolen from me.

It is what it should not be. There might be some place for VAR in the modern game, but most definitely not as it's been used in the past three seasons. We, the supporters, are what bring the sound and the fury to the game — even the players admit it — not some bureaucrat getting a computer to draw lines across a screen that seem to demonstrate that someone's right testicle was in front of the last defender.
100% agree. For me the game as a “product” has been completely ruined by VAR. NOBODY asked for what we have now. By all means, change (clear & F in obvious errors made by humans, eg the ref and/or lino) a decision where its simple, but dont piss about with slide rules and computers until you can create an opportunity to steal everyones favourite moment.

I Have totally given up watching City live (at Etihad or TV) due to F****** VAR! Feel sorry for the younger gneration

What a difference VAR has done to the way we celebrate goals. After Sterling and Jesus's chalked off goals against Spurs in the League and CL, I am afraid to celebrate goals now-a-days until we are clear of VAR!

I know its not healthy but I don't want to go through the roller coaster of emotions especially after the Sterling goal against Spurs in the CL. I now wait till VAR clears or doesn't react to the the goal then celebrate!
I don’t celebrate properly anymore. VAR has completely sucked the life out of the most special thing in all of sport… a goal in football.

Not once since that Spurs CL night have I been able to really let loose when we score. Sometimes I get to about 60% of a full celebration but a lot of the time all I do is give one little cheer and punch the air once and then stand there watching the officials and the screens.

Sometimes I don’t celebrate one bit, I don’t even move, and just stand there watching the officials and the screens.

Unfortunately, football will never be the same again, will never be as good as it used to be…

Imagine the Agüeroooooo goal with VAR! Nah, mate. No ta!

I always celebrate, just get carried away. Even today I was jumping up and down despite knowing that both were off side. Thought there is always a chance they will have fallen asleep in the bunker.

i literally just stand up and clap....then cheer when its given. been stung to many times celebrating goals than have been taken away.
the game is dead as we knew it.

I’m sorry your anti-City bias has destroyed your enjoyment of watching our best ever team.

I can only imagine how angry you will have been when it was our own fault.

Hope your heart condition improves enough to watch us win 90% of matches.
You misinterpreted my post AHT. I love Manchester City and welcome most of the things that have changed since the darker days at Maine Rd. I started going in the last Millennium when a draw was something to celebrate, not because City were any good, just for the craic which was awesome. I don't do VAR though, its crap. I still have the 40 odd shirts collected over the years, all my old season cards and a City personal plate on the motor to keep me going watching them stuff hopefully everyone out of sight, but only on telly for now. Heart op in July worked wonders too thanks. CTID.(which will hopefully be a bit longer now).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.