Do you mind us being called "Manchester"?

So I had the pleasure of watching the CL semi final in the wonderful city of Barcelona last night on me hols and, fair to say, whilst most of the spaniards in the bar weren't actively supporting City they were adamantly against Real Madrid getting anything at all.

So, the TV pundits over there, the game commentators and the people in the bar referred to us, nearly without exception, as "Manchester". A couple of times they called us City or Manchester City.

This riled me at first cos of the way Utd were always called "Manchester" but then i realised they have no right to take our city's name considering we're the only club from manchester. and it was always those penises on ITV who should know better.

got me to thinking, do euro types always refer to the opposition as the city where they come from, despite other clubs? i hate it personally, being called simply "Manchester". (but i hope it really fucks off scum fans)

Riled you? I think it's great. All those years we used to get riled up when people referred to Scum as Manchester all the time and no **** had ever heard of us. Boot on the other foot.

Fact is it's Spanish and Italian way of speaking so we shouldn't really take any notice.

I love when we're just referred to as Manchester. We're the football club of Manchester. Don't see how that would annoy any City fan unless your not from Manchester?

I make a point of always referring to Real Madrid as Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid as Atletico Madrid (or Atleti, like if just saying City). Just because it's a bit disrespectful otherwise, plus Real are the spanish rags.

Man City and Man Utd is annoying. Typical of cockney rags.

I love when we're just referred to as Manchester. We're the football club of Manchester. Don't see how that would annoy any City fan unless your not from Manchester?

I make a point of always referring to Real Madrid as Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid as Atletico Madrid (or Atleti, like if just saying City). Just because it's a bit disrespectful otherwise, plus Real are the spanish rags.

Man City and Man Utd is annoying. Typical of cockney rags.

Is it fuck

Is it fuck
giphy.gif

We should embrace the "Manchester" "Mancunian" thing far more than we do. We should sing more songs including those words and have more advertising and merchandise associated with it instead of shit like Moonchester, a sky blue moon on the big screens, Blue Moon soundwaves on kits, Moon print on the sleeves of kits, Blue Moon plaques on the floor outside the ground and Blue Moon tifos. The overuse of the Moon shit does my head in. We're Mancunians from Manchester, Great Britain. Not some rock 250000miles away.

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.