Do you miss Mancini's slow build up style ?

BobKowalski said:
blueinsa said:
OB1 said:
We currently top the charts for possession, pass completion, shots and goals as far as the league goes. Our average possession is higher now than in Mancini's last two seasons.

I'm at a loss as to what some are thinking on here of late, I really am.

I think people are thinking that so far it's been a pants season. The squad has been pants. Pellers has been pants and people are taking pot shots at various targets out of frustration that we have been so...pants.

Its got nothing to do with "pants" and everything to do with some being unable to let go of what happened to Mancini.

Sat 2nd in the league and reached the knock outs of the CL despite FFP restrictions affecting both competitions yet teams not in Europe, without restrictions, spent more money and below us in the league are doing great and their managers are somehow teaching Pellegrini a lesson?

Behave!

blueinsa said:
BobKowalski said:
blueinsa said:

I think people are thinking that so far it's been a pants season. The squad has been pants. Pellers has been pants and people are taking pot shots at various targets out of frustration that we have been so...pants.

Its got nothing to do with "pants" and everything to do with some being unable to let go of what happened to Mancini.

Sat 2nd in the league and reached the knock outs of the CL despite FFP restrictions affecting both competitions yet teams not in Europe, without restrictions, spent more money and below us in the league are doing great and their managers are somehow teaching Pellegrini a lesson?

Behave!

You may as well be preaching tolerance to a particularly angry Jihadi.

blueinsa said:
BobKowalski said:
blueinsa said:

Behave!

No it's really about pants. Big bloomers with polka dots. Chuck in some oversized shoes and a red nose and you have 'Manchester City's 14/15 season' so far.

Bob was a very very good manager who will go down in history for winning us the league and FA cup but his time came to an end and we moved on as a club.

Pellegrini is a very very good manager who will go down in history for winning us the league and Carling Cup and his time will also come to an end at some point for whatever reason.

Support the club, not individuals!

No, we miss Carlos Tevez, we haven't replaced him properly. There a few other factors mentioned in this article <a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesecretfootballer.com/articles/the-secret-fan/24595/what-should-manchester-city-change-to-make-a-bigger-impact-in-the-champions-league/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesecretfootballer.com/arti ... ns-league/</a>

Bottom line is, the team is unbalanced. Also agree with what is mentioned in that piece, Kompany needs a world class partner.

if you could mix the two approached together you would have a fantastic team

I miss the solidity that Mancinis approach brought us.....we were extremely hard to beat and not bad going forward However his man management was confrontational and caused problems.

Pellers has brought a more attacking dynamic to our approach but at the expense of defensive solidity - it is his approach that has led to the drop in form of individuals defensively as well as us being so open as a team.

Both managers have failed to find the exact balance between the two or adapt to teams working us out.

blueinsa said:
Bob was a very very good manager who will go down in history for winning us the league and FA cup but his time came to an end and we moved on as a club.

Pellegrini is a very very good manager who will go down in history for winning us the league and Carling Cup and his time will also come to an end at some point for whatever reason.

Perfect.

Davs 19 said:
blueinsa said:

Perfect.

Think I'll "support the club" and make observations on a forum about individuals too if you don't mind.

GaudinoMotors said:
Davs 19 said:
blueinsa said:

Perfect.

Think I'll "support the club" and make observations on a forum about individuals too if you don't mind.

Why would I ?

sorry to trot out the obvious,but imo we've missed a serious "break up" player. de jong then barry fulfilled that role under Bobby, but we've not really had that in our game recently, It's interesting to look at the stats when we've battered teams over the past few years, we've had the highest foul count... i.e when we don't have possession we break up play, take tactical fouls, then go again.

We need one individual who is told to jump on situations when it looks like the opposition are grabbing midfield posseision and kill it, then play the simple ball to Silva, Nasri, YaYa, Navas, Milner etc

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.