Do you really believe the league is over...?

For me, the league has been over since the game at Stamford Bridge.

We went into that game at a stage in the season where there were several teams thinking that they could win the title, including Chelsea. At the home of the defending champions, I thought we would get a point and maybe all three in a closely fought game...the reality was completely different.

We not only beat Chelsea, we destroyed them, on their own patch. Controlling a game in a manner that hadn't really been seen before in England, with superior tactics of power, pace, movement, closing down and superb passing. This, in my opinion, was the defining moment when the rest of the league sat up and thought "FUCK". Maybe not supporters and journos but the people that really matter, players and managers - psychologically they were beaten. Professionals at every other club saw that performance and recognised something very special indeed was happening under Pep.

From that moment on teams, were beaten before they went onto the pitch against us with the exception of one match at Anfield (even then we nearly came away with a point).

All in my humble opinion of course.
I was watching that match with a knowledgeable Arsenal fan and he said, "that result is a big, BIIG, statement", which only backed up what I was thinking.
I said et the time that we had played our most difficult league game that day, and who was going to stop us? All the matches we have played since then was just something we had to do to make the inevitable a reality.
We were the best that day, we are the best now, we are the champions.
One final thing, in some games we have been in front by two or three goals at half time or early in the 2nd half, from which point the match has been over and we have just been waiting for the final whistle to confirm it. We are just waiting for the final whistle to be blown on our title win.

Our next 4 games are nightmares. Stoke, Everton and Spurs away with the rags at home in between.

I'm not counting any chickens yet.
Win those next 4 games and the chickens will have come home to roost.
Personally, I will be extremely pleased if we can get 8+ points from them so long as 3 of them are from the Rags

Our next 4 games are nightmares. Stoke, Everton and Spurs away with the rags at home in between.

I'm not counting any chickens yet.

I am counting them chickens.
Our team is fucking awesome and almost everyone is fit for the run in.
We will win our next 3 games at a canter.
The Spurs game might end in a loss as it’s stuck in the middle of two Champions League games, however the remaining 5 games we are red hot favourites to win every single one and we will..
In a game of Top Trumps 100+ points tops the Invincibles all day long ;)

For it to go to GD we'd have had to win that game anyway. So if we'd won it by the minimum score of 1-0 our goal difference would have been 4 less and there's 4 more (than ithe -16 scoreline) which would have given us exactly the same overall GD. Who would have won it then?
Us on head to head results.

I am counting them chickens.
Our team is fucking awesome and almost everyone is fit for the run in.
We will win our next 3 games at a canter.
The Spurs game might end in a loss as it’s stuck in the middle of two Champions League games, however the remaining 5 games we are red hot favourites to win every single one and we will..
In a game of Top Trumps 100+ points tops the Invincibles all day long ;)

I love your unfettered optimism but we were red hot favourites against Wigan, Basel, Crystal Palace and Burnley and look what happened!

It’s done when it’s done and for me becoming Champions is more important than what game that happens in.

ManUre keep winning the games we expect them to lose or drop points so until it’s mathematically ours I remain cautiously optimistic !!
CTID

People worriedly about stoke away etc.

People have to get into their heads now we’re a different class. We’ve lost once all season in the PL.
And people have to remember that in football, and in the Premier League especially, tough away games with teams fighting relegation are never easy. If Barca were trucking up on Monday at Stoke, I wouldn't be saying they were guaranteed 3 points either.

Nothing is ever guaranteed until it is mathematically impossible to lose but we are in an outstanding position.

A win a Stoke tomorrow and we are virtually there, there are only 2 teams now that can get to 85 points and for the rags if they drop points in 2 of there last 8 games they cold miss out on that.

In addition if we beat Stoke they would need us to lose 7 of our last 8 games.

The reality people are no longer debating if we will win the league but will be win it against the Rags.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.