Do You Really Have Control?

ElanJo said:
manimanc said:
i think that our lives are already mapped out and the path we are on is the one that got given us. Explain de ja vu? when that happens to you your first thought is "i`ve done this before..",but how? i believe that events,places,happenings,people coming in and out of your life etc is already mapped out,it`s up to us whether or not we do the right thing. I believe in all the after life/paranormal bollocks that goes on and believe that is a plays a huge part in our lives......

Scientific studies have been done on De Ja Vu and connections have been found in people who suffer epilepsy and schizophrenia. It's to do with the misfiring of the brain. This connection is also apparant in things such as "Out of body experiences" (/seeing your own body) etc.

Interesting stuff. In time we'll understand more.

Whilst it is true that altered sensory awareness, including deja vu, is associated with epilepsy and with schizophrenia, the link does not implicate a 'misfiring brain'. Deja vu is commonly reported in people with neither condition. Also Epilepsy and schizophrenia are negatively correlated conditions

mammutly said:
ElanJo said:
Scientific studies have been done on De Ja Vu and connections have been found in people who suffer epilepsy and schizophrenia. It's to do with the misfiring of the brain. This connection is also apparant in things such as "Out of body experiences" (/seeing your own body) etc.

Interesting stuff. In time we'll understand more.

Whilst it is true that altered sensory awareness, including deja vu, is associated with epilepsy and with schizophrenia, the link does not implicate a 'misfiring brain'. Deja vu is commonly reported in people with neither condition. Also Epilepsy and schizophrenia are negatively correlated conditions

Misfirings of the brain, or words to that effect, are what the Scientists suggest.

DeJa Vu occurs in people who don't have such conditions but it occurs far more in those who do.

No idea what you mean with your last sentence.

ElanJo said:
mammutly said:

Misfirings of the brain, or words to that effect, are what the Scientists suggest.

DeJa Vu occurs in people who don't have such conditions but it occurs far more in those who do.

Does Deja Vu occur far more in people with epilepsy or schizoprenia?

Even the most determined of 'scientists' would not claim that the 'misfiring' which underlies the two conditions is in anyway similar. In fact there is no reliable evidence of a biological cause for schizophrenia, be it a 'misfiring brain state' or anything else.

It is established that people with epilepsy are far less likely to be diagnosed with schizoprenia than non sufferers.

mammutly said:
ElanJo said:

Even the most determined of 'scientists' would not claim that the 'misfiring' which underlies the two conditions is in anyway similar. In fact there is no reliable evidence of a biological cause for schizophrenia, be it a 'misfiring brain state' or anything else.

It is established that people with epilepsy are far less likely to be diagnosed with schizoprenia than non sufferers.

Both, if memory serves.

I said nothing about the brain misfirings of the two conditons being similar, only that those with one of the conditions are far more susceptible to episodes of DeJa Vu.

Ok, I'll take your word for that. It doesn't change anything anyway.

ElanJo said:
mammutly said:

Both, if memory serves.

I said nothing about the brain misfirings of the two conditons being similar, only that those with one of the conditions are far more susceptible to episodes of DeJa Vu.

i've heard that before somewhere...

Lucky Toma said:
Mammutly I have a 'growth' somewhere that I shouldnt. Are there any creams you can recommend?

swajiz609.jpg

JoeMercer'sWay said:
ElanJo said:
Both, if memory serves.

i've heard that before somewhere...

BM is very DeJa Vu inducing

mammutly said:
aphex said:
of course you/i have control

i could go out and beat the hell out of my neighbour right now - although i choose not to. the fact that i do or don't is not pre-determined as i have made the decision to do it, or not.

No you couldn't.

Firstly, your social conditioning wouldn't allow you to and secondly, you're a tubby little pike and would get battered

well, i am slighty peeved that i missed this

i was well in the mood before too :(

no doubt you will still be up, unless you are sprawled out on your practise floor

high five!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.