Do you still think Yaya's slow and cumbersome?

I keep saying it but... amazing player. Once he gets going, there isn't anyone quicker. You can't knock him off the ball. Yet his feet are nimble and the guy can shimmy. Oh, and one of the best passers in the league.

cibaman said:
We must be an opposing manager's worst nightmare. Even when they receive our teamsheet they dont have a clue how we will line up.

The fact that players like Yaya, Milner, Balotelli, Nasri & Aguero can play different roles gives Mancini massive flexibilty to tinker with our shape depending on the weaknesses of our oppenents.

Yaya has been playing well all season in different roles. He got the headlines yesterday but his contribution against United was just as valuable. He should be praised for his versatlity and consistency.

This is bang on for me. It seems like Yaya starts deep in the first 15-20 as teams come out and have a first 15 minute frenzy against us and we soak it up then we get on the ball more and just pick teams apart and i think this all comes from yaya moving up the pitch and getting more involved. He seems to keep the attacks ticking over for us and plays some key passes at times. If you watch his passing range its unbelievable.

Also on a side not, i agree, the flexability of our team is a nightmare for opposing teams/managers as they have to prepare for 2/3 likely outcomes and even then the players could be in different positions or it could be different players. I cant think of a squad in the league that has the same options as us.

also, was there a better feeling for blues fans last night than when yaya had the ball and started stalking right down the middle and as he approached the box no villareal player wanted to step to him? you could feel the fear...

yaya is awesome.

The issue with Yaya is one of mental strength imho. I've said it before and I'll say it again, somedays he looks and us absolutely unstoppable. Other days he is Jamie Pollock. The reason people get frustrated with him I guess is that he is such a big, beast of a player and a person, everyone expects him to boss the game. When he doesn't, it stands out.

Rocket Sauce said:
I rate him very high, I just think his work rate and touch let him down sometimes. I'd still rather have him than not!!!
You think Yaya Toure's touch lets him down???! As in the one that plays for City?? Are you off your fucking box??!

green pennies said:
The look of Yaya playing is often confusing to people. They will use words like slow, cumbersome, unfit, clumsy, etc. because he doesn't look like Silva on the ball. But the truth is that Yaya is amazing. The best word I can use is "presence". He affects the game in a huge way, he actually is incredibly fast, he is strong, he has great vision, he defends, he sets up goals, he scores them, he wins headers, he is a clean player. He just does it in his own way. It isn't always aesthetically pleasing but then, perhaps some people need to change their aesthetic.

The results speak for themselves. Nearly always in Bob's lineup and always stepping up and making a difference when it counts.

Don't be so hard on the naysayers, their eyes are fooling them, but they will figure it out soon enough.

You are remarkably astute Mr/Mrs green pennies. Could'nt have put it better myself.

The Fat el Hombre said:
Along with Vinnie and Silva he is one of our best players. The people don't rate him or think he's lazy are chronic sufferers of 'Dickov syndrome' and/or simply don't know what they're talking about
Completely agree, people with 'Dickov Syndrome' simply aren't happy unless a player is wasting all his energy chasing lost causes. Yaya is an intelligent player who conserves energy when possible which allows him to play in bursts of energy at vital times in the game. Fantastic player, best box to box midfielder in the world.

Quality player,surely its his size that make him appear slow/cumbersome.Must be a nightmare to play against.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.